Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
if Cryptic got a $20 million bonus we should all get a free month and it should come out of that bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
We are getting free gametime, 4 days to be exact before we start paying.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Since Headstart took off... I have been able to play somewhere in the neighborhood of only 30 minutes - between CTD's, Server going down, and then Char List taking a vacation and authentication server not responding.

I don't know how effective trying to get free game time from Cryptic is going to be - but once they get it hammered out, pre-orders ought to get something for the mess. Perhaps another special unlock or something.

Loyalty should be rewarded in the face of going under the bus during another Cryptic launch.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbnjumper View Post
Sure we got something special with head start it consisted of headaches and long expected maintenance.
Fixed it for you. This server instability should not be news to anyone. These things happen in games ALL the time, especially in the case of MMOs. Is that an excuse for Cryptic? It shouldn't be, but that doesn't mean that complaining about the issues will change things. This especially holds true when considering that the majority of the team has their focus elsewhere (other than at the forum community).
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
was hoping for a refund actually
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaifeKennebec View Post
I've paid $0.99 thus far for open beta and headstart. I also get something extra when the game goes live and I can physically purchase the game. I also get a discount on the game's retail price. All for preordering.

So... apparently I got a much better deal than you did.
yeh well this is why eu gamers get sick of distributers & developers based in usa cos we get shafted
everytime! you get it earlier & cheaper its bs
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forze View Post
well i paid 45 instead of the 25 retail copy, i paid extra for early access & beta tbh (cos thats all i got extra)

SO YEH WE SHOULD GET SOME FREE TIME AS WE PAID FOR IT!!!
You got ripped off then, and not because of the downtime during the headstart.

I paid nothing extra than any normal copy off a store shelf when I pre-ordered, but I got all the pre-order bonuses. Wherever you shopped at just ripped you off. Take your complaint to them.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Those people who have already paid with their hard earned cash to buy this game have a right to be concerned. Those of us who have not still have a choice
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
i dont think we should get a free month since the release is only on Tuesday. On the other hand, If these Server downtimes continue afterwards i would be happy to accept that month...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Well... the outbursts from the peanut gallery are expected. "it's headstart, it's free, it's whatever..."

here is something to consider.

This is a headstart - it is supposed to be the headstart of the 'launch' version of the game. That in and of itself is a promise of some level of stability.

Some folks may have pre-ordered for little or nothing, but if you went through Gamestop - then you have already committed your money - as they drafted when the Headstart went live.

Headstart or no - if this was 'expected' and always 'happens during a launch' then Beta should have been extended another week and then we do headstart NEXT weekend.

It's one thing to flame someone for being upset during beta... cause then it IS free and THERE IS NO guarantee or promise for a product. We are beyond that and it is warranted to be dissappointed and to air that dissappointment.