Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
02-01-2010, 06:20 AM
lol at you
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-01-2010, 06:21 AM
But to the OP...

I would expect that Cryptic would do something here for the community. I've already read a LOT of bad PR on the net over this game from the head-start fiasco. Cryptic did not plan like they should have. They admit to this openly. And even yet, they don't know what is coming on the 2nd.

The game has 100s upon 100s of bugs, still. The server stability is in the gutter. To balance the load, they've implemented a queuing system to keep players off the servers. It's a disaster they never even contemplated, thus they are scrambling like rats to keep the ship from sinking. To this date, no MMO gaming company has restricted gamers from logging in with a queue system just to keep the servers load-balanced. I was personally kicked straight out of a mission only to be shoved into a logon queue. I wasn't even zoning!

Yes, I do think it would be very appropriate for Cryptic to come up with "something" to reward the player base for their patience. None of these server issues and logon restrictions were to happen.

Maybe they come up with an in-game item? Maybe it IS some extended play-time with no subscription required (which is likely), but I do think it should be something. There is no doubt about that.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrayel
Maybe they come up with an in-game item? Maybe it IS some extended play-time with no subscription required (which is likely), but I do think it should be something. There is no doubt about that.
Maybe a companion pet of a braying donkey, or a baby crying for its teat. That'd be appropriate. Gametime? LOL how about they give you a whole ZERO to reflect that the time you missed out on was free time. Or if we're feeling generous, a whole 12 hours extra, woo a whole $1 dollar value!! It's hilarious to see people frothing at the mouth over a dollar LMAO.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-01-2010, 06:27 AM
NO. Street date is Tuesday, Feb 2nd. Yeah, I was irritated this weekend with the amount of downtime, but technically, the game isn't released yet. If they still have excessive downtime starting Tuesday, then we can talk about compensation.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Technically our "Head Start" only gave us access to the game prior to launch. Cryptic honored that. They didn't give us a set amount of free hours of playtime, so we really can't complain about lost time.

Am I frustrated...sure. But the only thing I'm looking for is a stable game tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forze View Post
yeh i they promoted a more expensive copy to get this headstart so its not "boo fu*king hoo" its ANGER!
Huh? Regular copy got you in to HS.
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-01-2010, 06:42 AM
it's my experience that free time is only given out during considerable extended downtime, since the server downtime is short (admitidly frequent) i doubt we are going to get anything.

Another point is that the headstart is technically free time, any preorder came with it like my 25 purchase from amazon.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Ah, the typical "headstart is a perk" crowd. Your right, headstart is a perk, and not something that's "owed" to us. We didn't pay extra for it. It was a nice guesture on the part of Cryptic, BUT, and this is a big butt, so pay attation... They missmanaged it, caused wide spread annoyince and frustration amoung there player base, and frankly kind of shot themselves in the foot. A little PR good will towards people who are unhappy about the current state of the headstart program wouldn't be a bad idea. Free game time? Bah, that's boring. Maybe a few cryptic points to buy some little trinket, be it a coustom option, or something. To say, "hey, sorry for the frustration". It'd be smart IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-01-2010, 06:46 AM
No we should not. That's ridiculous. Launch issues are a natural part of any MMO and people should have expected it. And if its their first MMO launch, now you know
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-01-2010, 06:47 AM
So what you guys are saying is that server stability didnt magically get fixed since beta?
Who would have imagined that.