Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic management's failure
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
During the beta period, downtime was to be expected and I was very tolerant of it and the massive number of quest breaking bugs. While the quest bugs have indeed been sorted pretty well, the connection issues have gotten MUCH worse. This kind of situation arises from a failure in management. Somebody in the position to plan this launch was given a hardware budget that was WAY under funded based on the reception they had already received.

What's worse is, they had warning. We heard about new hardware being brought in. It wasn't enough. I want to know who the hell is taking our pre-order and subscription money and deciding to underfund this project? You KNEW this was going to be a popular game that would crush your previous game's player loads from launch day. Only a complete incompetent would estimate this short of the launch user base.

As a paying subscriber and a pre-order customer, I feel you have fallen short of your duty to us, Cryptic. You own this community a HUGE "I'm sorry" and something to make this right. You have taken our money and given us little more then a wasted weekend. I put aside plans for this weekend to be a part of this supposedly great "headstart".

I'm not giving up on you yet, but I'm sorely saddened that we're still being treated like beta players during paid for time. Headstart isn't a gift. We payed for pre-orders specifically for this. Make this right, it's the right thing to do and could save this from marring the rep of STO in a lasting way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:42 AM
cool story bro...
Lt. Commander
# 3
Save it you ogre.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Do we really need 27 different complaint threads about downtime?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Is this where I point to the End User License Agreement?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Do we really need 27 different complaint threads about downtime?
What forums have you been reading?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaf
Is this where I point to the End User License Agreement?
Is this where I point to the Federal Trade Commission? EULA's don't protect a company from claims of fraud. My money has been taken, and I'm STILL not playing the game I payed for.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
mmmmwe still playing for ""Free"".....this does not bother me in the least.

just think like this its open beta 2 with no wipe...next close your eyes and goto your happy place!