Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Bug or feature?
11-26-2013, 08:40 AM
So I decided to play some foundry ec farming missions, (I haven't for a while), but I noticed the drops were significantly less than before.
Upon further investigation I realised that only a low percentage of the kills were 'registering', for example if it did I would get a drop and xp, but most of the time I would get neither.

If I had to put a number on it I'd say 70% - 80% of the time it doesn't register a kill.

Now my question is since I haven't farmed for a while, is this by design to stop people from farming the foundry, or is it a bug?
Career Officer
# 2
11-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't remember this happening before. Does it happen on all types of ships? Do fighters launched by ships count?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 3
11-26-2013, 11:22 AM
if it's a mission where you gank enemies that are fighting each other, the issue might be that the enemies are getting killed due to damage from the other enemies. I used to do something similar to level foundry chars, place a bunch of cubes on a map and spam "kill target" for the xp. But.... if the cubes were too close together they'd do a chain warpcore breach and any cubes destroyed by the explosion of the other cubes would not only not drop loot, but not give xp.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Semi-related: My fleetmates have been reporting that the rewards cap has been missing since launch. They've been running (ugh) EC Farm Fed, or whatever it is, like five times a day.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
if it's a mission where you gank enemies that are fighting each other, the issue might be that the enemies are getting killed due to damage from the other enemies. I used to do something similar to level foundry chars, place a bunch of cubes on a map and spam "kill target" for the xp. But.... if the cubes were too close together they'd do a chain warpcore breach and any cubes destroyed by the explosion of the other cubes would not only not drop loot, but not give xp.
It could potentially be that, but these spawn one at a time and whilst the previous ship's core breach does significantly damage the next, it doesn't actually destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Semi-related: My fleetmates have been reporting that the rewards cap has been missing since launch. They've been running (ugh) EC Farm Fed, or whatever it is, like five times a day.
Could it be they are just not reaching the cap? Before when I ran it I'd reach the cap fairly quickly, now with the limited drops I can probably run it 3 or 4 times before I do.
Career Officer
# 6
11-27-2013, 05:17 AM
The drop rates have changed. I've tested with 10 toons, getting alot less.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Like I said, it's not only the drop rates but the xp given too. If you either get both xp and loot for a single kill, or neither. Makes me wonder if it is a bug since I can't find anything pertaining to it in the patch notes.
Career Officer
# 8
11-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicjeb View Post
Like I said, it's not only the drop rates but the xp given too. If you either get both xp and loot for a single kill, or neither. Makes me wonder if it is a bug since I can't find anything pertaining to it in the patch notes.
this was mentioned in another thread which could be the cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenthrane View Post
The reason for this is with S8 they introduced another stealth nerf to farms. you must do 51% of the damage to the target your self. Explosions from previous kills IE using cascades to get the max loot per run is no longer viable the authors cannot fix this until we get back in.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
this was mentioned in another thread which could be the cause
Ahh, that HAS to be the cause! Thanks for clearing it up!
Captain
# 10
11-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Independently of the Foundry, this seems like a nerf to Science Ships, which get a fair chunk of their damage from clumping enemies together and then making them explode on each other on purpose. Since the gravwell itself does minimal damage compared to NPC HP bloat, it's all about gathering them into a big group hug and then causing a massive chain explosion.