Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
The game population is going to at least double and it will probably be much more than that. With the server issues we are having now I'm not looking forward to Tuesday.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Ya can you say down for a week straight?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbobo19 View Post
The game population is going to at least double and it will probably be much more than that. With the server issues we are having now I'm not looking forward to Tuesday.
i think we're getting a preview of the next month right now...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
I dont expect a major spike. Anyone who is interested in the game right now is in the headstart. Theres no good reason to wait until release and buy it on day 1 and miss out on preorder bonuses.

Then again there may be a lot of joined trills showing up =P
Lt. Commander
# 5
If the new servers aint installed by Tuesday we are looking at a warp core breach...... all hands brace for whine impact!
Lt. Commander
# 6
I don't think the game population will double in two days since anyone who is playing in two days is probably playing now. I think a week or so from now when sales in stores probably pick-up is when you will see a large increase in players. So you probably have at least until Friday before the server collapses under it's own gravity and forms a black hole.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Well considering the condition of the roads around were i live today and into tomarrow.. i likely whont be getting my copy of the game till probably wensday or thursday... but beyond that?... the game is going to be just like it is now.. only instead of haveing to wait 20 minuts to get past the 'gathering character list' messge... you'll spend 45 minuts, Rather than waiting 10 minuts to 'load' into the next area, you'll spend 20 minuts.

oh.. and there will be a 200% increase in the number of "were's Sulu?" questions in chat.... the 1 and only 'war-zone' map will STILL be busted...

about the only thing that'll change for the 'better' is we'll actualy have our pre-order goodies..... now if only we could play with them after we get them... :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popov147 View Post
If the new servers aint installed by Tuesday we are looking at a warp core breach...... all hands brace for whine impact!
Yeah..... The servers gonna friggin implode...

Any of you see a building collapse go the wrong way?
Lt. Commander
# 9
I agree that the 2-2 bump wont be as dramatic as we would normally expect but there will be a bump none the less.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Obviously the point of head start is to stress test their environment. They are learning some valuable lessons right now. Hopefully Tuesday will be seamless.