Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem
Obviously the point of head start is to stress test their environment. They are learning some valuable lessons right now. Hopefully Tuesday will be seamless.
LOL....

really, that's funny. Isn't testing what beta is for? "Head start" is an added benefit to pre-ordering the game, not for beta testing their server.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbobo19 View Post
The game population is going to at least double and it will probably be much more than that. With the server issues we are having now I'm not looking forward to Tuesday.
OMG...you are so right... I'll be 100K of 900K in the queue
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 10:51 AM
It's only "whining" if you don't really have reason to be upset. I'm starting to think they sold life time subscriptions to "recruit" damage control for their web boards. Nothing like attacking the messenger instead of addressing an arguement. Sounds like our politics. =0)
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem
Obviously the point of head start is to stress test their environment. They are learning some valuable lessons right now. Hopefully Tuesday will be seamless.
You are smoking crack
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Dude, you buy the game, you agree to test the server
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
sorry, the game population will expand to 4X its current size on day 1

the server will be fine, at first and as folks finish the patching..it will lag...
then crash...they will adjust..will work for an hour...crash...adjust..
up 15 minutes ..crash.

then maybe someone will say, ya know I don't think we have ever tried to put 200,000 people
on this engine at one time before.

then it will stay down til the next morning, they will give a heart felt apology and explain
that they need to get 9 more servers because of the incredible demand...and after
that ...circus, it will function.

personally wish they would just skip to the real fix and save time and hair pulling but
some companies just gotta do it the hard way. :p