Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime sub?
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know when the lifetime subscription will no longer be available?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Feb 2nd I think ie tomorrow is the last day to buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
I would recomment NOT getting a life time sub. Performance issues and bugs have seriously brought LTS into question for me.

Frankly if I knew how to get my money back I would be asking for it. I am on the fence about the to or not too question and have decided to wait till actual launch to see how the stability has improved. If Cryptic doesnt get their act together very soon I will more then likely be seeking refunds.

As a consumer I have the right to return what i don't like especially when they are having serious issues with delievering the basics.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
If the game actually worked I would buy the lifetime sub...

Now I'm not even sure if I want to buy a subscription at all...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
think about this...... how many months are you going to play?

15$ x ~16months= Lifetime sub price

so if you are going to play this for more than a year and 4 months i would get it... i played swg up until now from the beginning of 2004 (with some breaks in there) so i have probably spent a good 600-700 on Star wars galaxies plus the expansions

*******EDIT************

also its just the beginning, there are going to be bugs and such that were not found in beta or they were not fixed (yet) you just have give a release some time... so buy that lifetime sub because in the long run you will enjoy this game
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
it's obvious that there is a problem with the server at this point in time, many games have had the same problems at their launch's, and fixed them within a few week's. - i'ld expect this to be the same. - Cryptic won't jsut say "woops" and dump the game because of this - friendly advise would be don't let unexpected early problems screw you over for the long term.

it saves you $60 pluss gives you two character slots with a cool borg to play to do it now. long term benefits > short term hassels.