Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 11
11-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Doing a little digging around on alts, I noticed that the same phenomenon appears with the other reputation factions. However, I think all of them may be suffering from the same root cause.

In all cases, with my characters at least, this appears after having completed enough projects to promote to the next tier, with projects still in the queue. After completing the existing projects, then running the tier progression upgrade, the rep projects fail to reappear in the list to be queued.

The currently existing projects that were queued before the upgrade project was run can be completed as they always have without issue (As they currently are with the Dyson rep on my Romulan) but in order to be able to queue them up back to back again, you have to cancel the currently queued projects from the previous tier, which will then populate the list with the projects from the new tier, which now can be queued up normally again.

This is possibly why the 20 hour Dyson commendation project is not appearing to be queued. It could also explain why the usual 'queue up an upgrade and cancel it' workaround had no effect.

It doesn't explain why the 'Cancel Next' button doesn't work properly though, unless this is also being affected by the same process. It's not worth losing almost 400 marks and the other resources to test.
Captain
# 12
11-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Just adding I have the same problem in the Nukara Rep.

I've had both XP projects queued up previously. Claimed the completed ones (that made me complete a tier), then ran the tier upgrade project, completed it. Now the new tier XP projects don't show up so I can queue them after the currently running previous tier XP projects I queued up yesterday.

And the 'Cancel next' button also doesn't work there (tried to slot other projects there in hopes of seeing the XP projects appear).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Rihannsu
# 13
11-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'll pass it along to the team for investigation.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You do know that it is happening with every one of the rep systems. you get to tier 4 and you cant select any new projects only shields or weapons. This is happening for New ROM and Nukara and Omega as well not just Dyson rep
Rihannsu
# 14
11-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I noticed an issue today with Reps that were at 0 xp. I had to slot, then cancel, one of the useless "upgrade" projects to be able to queue xp projects. I didn't have the issue on other reps, just one at 0 xp.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 15
11-27-2013, 08:48 PM
So it's not just me then?

I just made T3 Dyson today and across all 3 characters who are working on it, they can't find Thwart Voth Efforts.

I just slotted and cancelled two different kinds of upgrade projects.
No effect.

I guess until it's fixed, working on Dyson Reputation is pointless.
Can't advance without the Thwart Voth Efforts assignment, can I?

Last edited by tilarta; 11-27-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 16
11-28-2013, 01:12 AM
same problem. as i have posted elsewhere this is a game breaker and needs to be fixed.

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Rihannsu
# 17
11-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
So it's not just me then?

I just made T3 Dyson today and across all 3 characters who are working on it, they can't find Thwart Voth Efforts.

I just slotted and cancelled two different kinds of upgrade projects.
No effect.

I guess until it's fixed, working on Dyson Reputation is pointless.
Can't advance without the Thwart Voth Efforts assignment, can I?
did you choose your passive for that tier?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 18
11-28-2013, 03:44 AM
So I hit T4, did the upgrade, tried to queue the usual two projects to move along, already had a 20 hour and 1 hour project slotted, set them off, couldn't see any in the possible projects, as described by the OP. So I slotted the beam rifle thinking if I cancel that it may fix it, no, now I cannot unselect the rifle project, I can slot an upgrade project such as the commendation one and cancel it but it has no effect on the other projects...

Upgrade for T4 - Yes
Chosen perk - Yes
Watched cutscene - Yes

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Commander
# 19
11-28-2013, 03:45 AM
the rep system still works I was having the same problem to with my new fed toon until two of my projects was finished it went back to normal
Captain
# 20
11-28-2013, 05:57 AM
In the Nukara rep where I encountered the aforementioned problem, the XP project of the new Tier finally appeared after all instances of previous Tier same XP project completed. So in fact, it didn't cause me any loss of time. I simply couldn't queue up the next project in line.

And thankfully, while the 'cancel next' button still doesn't work, the 'cancel current' does, so I could clear one equipment project I previously queued in hopes of fixing the problems.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Closed Thread