Lt. Commander
# 1 State of game
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I have been BETA testing games since they were programmed on punchcards and I keep reading posts by people who are annoyed with the game in its present state. I keep reading posts by people who say "MMO's are always like this at launch and you should get over it." I have an opinion on this matter.

Games have been developed for many reasons ranging from enjoyment to profit. Games can be successful in many areas but usually not all of them. A game has to achieve one purpose in order to be successful on a large scale. It has to be a fun and enjoyable experience.

That being said... If you dont like the way it is in its current state, don't purchase the game. It is the one and only supreme power you have to ensure they are not released this way. If you think this is the way a game should be released, you have taken it in the shorts too many times and are far too used to getting something short of what you are promised.

Getting the most out of your program is a long and tedious labor of love and craftsmanship. It will not be rushed by any other motive unless mandated. Profits will defeat a project faster than anything I know and it seems this one is a grand example. It will or will not succeed on the backs of those creating it and profit is rewarded more to a project crafted well than one crafted fast.

I would not post a criticism on anyone for thier opinion or belief so this is authored as a opinion based on personal experience.

What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
***bump***