Lt. Commander
# 11 You know what, I agree
01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakel
Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my peace regardless..

I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worse trash i've ever encountered.

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice, you lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your predecessor games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

3. I've been here since the betas, i want to pull the plug then, but i ignorantly let it ride, hoping ti would improve...
- It hasn't, this is beyond crap, the server stability is ****, even the community website's stability is sub-par.
I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better upstanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fan-Boy" Excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :
- "Give it time, it needs to work out it's kinks" - NO, you should have done that BEFORE you launched it.

This game is a representation of your companies ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed, You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing on purpose.

There is nothing to this game, it's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations..

Seems like the only effort put into STO, was the marketing, and Pre-Order "Goodies" used to lure us into your trap!

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but FROM any title you ever release again, i don't care what the Fan Boys say, this game is a complete joke -

After buying COH/COV and champions online then buying STO and realizing its pretty much the same game with the same issues, i agree with the posters comments.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...
actually, its not. there are many many many bugs. Like most of the Gorn options are gone. Options are avaible to aliens but not the race it belongs to. they've removed some options from a few days ago. check the Interface forum for a full list.
Lt. Commander
# 13
If you don't like the gameplay mechanics, go play something else. You think the gameplay is too shallow, play some EVE, put your ship on auto-orbit, and fire away. Think the ground combat is repetitive? Go play WoW, kill 500 owlbears for your medal, then tell me it's repetitive. Use your brain, use some strategy, and have fun with the game. If you can't, then go somewhere else because this obviously isn't for you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleskin View Post
servers will be fine and stable in a few days, no need to get your panties all in a bunch
How do you figure? the stability has been going down all through beta, if anything it is at an all time low.

It's going to get 5000x worse on Tuesday with an even greater load.

This one might be a nominee for most spectacular MMO fail in a while.

"To boldly fail like no MMO has ever failed before"
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worse trash i've ever encountered.
People have such short memories. I played WOW on day one and at the end of my first month I ended up getting near 15 days of free game time because the server(s) I was playing on were down (a lot) in fact the reason that I played on several servers at launch was because the primary server that my friends and I started leveling on was down for three (3) days. When it finally came back up all the players discovered that the database had corrupted and all guilds, auctions, friends list etc were gone. All that was left was our characters, gear and level.

Then there was the minor bugs, loot lag, random disconnects, normal stuff that happens in MMO launches. All the critics say Blizzard did a good job with WOW and their launch.

So I think a server crash here or there isn't so bad when you consider the above launch of everybody's beloved WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my peace regardless..

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice, you lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your predecessor games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

3. I've been here since the betas, i want to pull the plug then, but i ignorantly let it ride, hoping ti would improve...
- It hasn't, this is beyond crap, the server stability is ****, even the community website's stability is sub-par.
I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better upstanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fan-Boy" Excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :
- "Give it time, it needs to work out it's kinks" - NO, you should have done that BEFORE you launched it.

This game is a representation of your companies ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed, You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing on purpose.

There is nothing to this game, it's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations..

Seems like the only effort put into STO, was the marketing, and Pre-Order "Goodies" used to lure us into your trap!

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but FROM any title you ever release again, i don't care what the Fan Boys say, this game is a complete joke -
Because Cryptic cares personally about you.

Someone doesn't understand software very well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Dog
There's reasons to go either way on this issue really. I'd like to take the optimistic view just because I'm a lifelong fan of the series and would really like to see this game take off. Cryptic will clearly play a big role in whether or not this succeeds, but the players have to have some degree of patience.

It was a short beta, as far as I can tell, so you have to expect bugs. Patch notes for all patches would be EXTREMELY nice, especially since it at least gives us the idea our cries are being heard. Downtime is downtime, it's going to be expected. I would hope it gets to a point where we see weekly maintenance or monthly maintenance instead of random downs.

The content can get a lot better, but they are going to have to get a feel for the playerbase before really maturing that side in my opinion. Look how much any of the long standing MMOs have changed over the years. I played Anarchy Online for a long time, then World of ********, and both are essentially completely different beasts than when at launch. What they've given us is a template, and now they can either build upon that and things will grow or they can just let it die.

Complaining typically does nothing to improve a situation, although I enjoy it quite much. The more players give constructive feedback and at least try to better the game the higher our chances of seeing success here will be.
So you think i should "Settle" for crap?

This isn't a unique standard for STO, or Cryptic, if any MMO rendered out this kinda trash - I'd walk...

Bugs, and minor stability issues is 1 thing *

The server crashing 4 times in the first 30 hours of head start is another issue, further compounded by nearly impossibly long wait times on instanced load times seems rather sub-par..

Don't get me wrong for a SUB-PAR OLD-Aged MMO, this isn't half bad, however sorry... to say...

But this is 2010, and the era of New Age MMO's why should i settle for a C Grade game at the cost of an A Grade?

MMO's are rather communist, prices are not reflected in quality. There are games that are over a decade old that have more structure then this...

If they "CAN FIX IT", then it should been done before launching...

Is it better to launch an incomplete, immature product in a quick fashion, or take an additional year to launch a more polished product? Which will have better retention? Hmmm...?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Psuedo-Philosophical banter from you sir.

Let me break this down to the ABCs, for children like you with small brains.

This game doesn't need to "mature", the issues with this game won't be fixed with maturing, or even several large live content patches..

The entire super structure of this game requires stripping, and re-working.

BUT you are a FAN BOY, hence YOU said the VERY thing i said you would say.. Curious, thats called Irony - Roflmao, moron.

Furthermore, if it needed to "mature", it should have been done prior to release; again i know kids who can mod better than this game was designed, truly a sad day for MMOs. And you sir can't even articulate a point worthy of debating, you have appetized the pure fail that is STO.

GG, you lose.
Literally worst grammar fail ever.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirian
Literally worst grammar fail ever.
Thats all you have? Thats all you can fire back with? Is a grammartical attack?

Lol, guess that proves my point, thanks Fan-boi.

Your cute LOL
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 12:08 PM
You know, there's no reason to freak out about the build. I've noticed it still doesn't say version 1.0 yet so....

Anyway, nice threatening letter but have you ever thought about the fact that lifetime subs give them funds for design/hiring/maintenance/marketing? Or that the partners were waiting to see how many people were interested before launching into this title at maximum warp?

I don't see any reason why this is a bad launch, i've been there for a few launches (lol betaholic more like) and this one seems smooth to me, just minor annoyances as expected.

This is head start, what that means is: here is some time to play while we finish working out the transition from beta to release.

There will be a transition phase where these forums are all deleted and etc. I'm sure we're in for a patch that is actually substantial at that point.