Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post

Note to the moron: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems, you are indeed an obligatory moron.
so on Tuesday we can complain? or will it all be fixed by then? so tuesday if i cant use 123 to fire weapon on the ground i can then complain because the game is now "launched"?
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
That's because most Wow Fanboys don't want to concieve that it even happened; they think a great company like Blizzard isn't capable of such problems.

Hate to break it to you people who think you are elitists and know everything, but there will always be problems with a new MMO game launching. I don't recall the name of the game, but it launched almost perfectly, yet below the perfectness the developers were hard at work dealing with various problems that had croppd up during the launch.

Almost all games have had some kind of instability issues at some point. Oh, and you think the stability issues are bad NOW? Wait until the release day for STO, trust me.... I can already tell the servers will be crashing a lot - but guess what - that's progress. As each crash helps the developers figure out where the underlying problems are and fix them and perhaps even prevent them from reoccuring again.

I played WoW at it's launch it had it's issues but not nearly on the level of this..

Funny how people keep saying "Omg this isn't the only game with issues", love how thats the standard MMO' Launches go off of -

Lets settle for less then whats expected, nice.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Can I have your stuff in one month?
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakel
I played WoW at it's launch it had it's issues but not nearly on the level of this..

Funny how people keep saying "Omg this isn't the only game with issues", love how thats the standard MMO' Launches go off of -

Lets settle for less then whats expected, nice.
lol @ u guess u have a short memoy or maybe u were a super fanboy of wow so u neglected the fact it was worse.. not to mention every time they did a content patch u could just forget to do anything that wedsday cancel raids ect and do them after the hotfixes is done and infact it still is like this

and im no fanboy of star trek i seen the JJ Abrams movie and 1 or 2 episodes but thats about it and i just quit wow for STO cuz i really like this game but i guess u want the impossible a online game allrdy ironed out b4 it even have launched so i wish u good luck finding that

edit: typos
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my peace regardless..

I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worse trash i've ever encountered.

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice, you lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your predecessor games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

3. I've been here since the betas, i want to pull the plug then, but i ignorantly let it ride, hoping ti would improve...
- It hasn't, this is beyond crap, the server stability is ****, even the community website's stability is sub-par.
I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better upstanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fan-Boy" Excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :
- "Give it time, it needs to work out it's kinks" - NO, you should have done that BEFORE you launched it.

This game is a representation of your companies ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed, You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing on purpose.

There is nothing to this game, it's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations..

Seems like the only effort put into STO, was the marketing, and Pre-Order "Goodies" used to lure us into your trap!

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but FROM any title you ever release again, i don't care what the Fan Boys say, this game is a complete joke -
Can I point out that's a great business model, because you get lots of lifetime subscriptions [more cash] for what you claim is a less developed product [less cash invested] which would give Cryptic optimal profit?

Quote:
There is nothing to this game, it's a shell with out a soul or purpose, Where is the MMO? I don't interact with anyone or anything - I'm so frustrated with this, i can't even articulate my frustrations..
Games don't have purpose, that's kind of their nature. Go outside for the love of Christ. Games are supposed to be fun and an escape from reality. If they honestly make you unable to articulate yourself, perhaps you should consider tiddlywinks. Just remember gravity is a constant in tiddlywinks, unlike MMO-launch problems, which are invariably temporary.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
OP, in one month, the game will not have changed significantly from what it is now. So if the actual gameplay is your problem, you may as well save your time by playing or doing something else.

If you're complaining about bugs and crashes, we're in agreement. If, in a month, they have 65% uptime like they have now, there's much to complain about.

But if you don't like the game past the character creator, now, it's safe to say you'll NEVER like it.

Having had the opportunity to see the game early on, and finding it doesn't float your boat, WHY ON EARTH did you preorder it?

Lt. Commander
# 47
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Thats right, i don't care if you read this or not Crypitc (Or associated entites), i'm going to say my peace regardless..

I've played several of your games, and STO by far is the worse trash i've ever encountered.

1. I find myself spending more time in Character Creation then i do in the game... why? Because the Toon creation is the only thing done properly, even said it's also redundant, and not needed...

2. You draw people in with all this marketing, advertising, and amazing character creation, just to create an impulsive push to buy lifetime subs, or 1 year subs - I find this to be purely **** business practice, you lure us in, and get as much cash out of us as you can, then we realize the game is nothing but a linear rehashed model of your predecessor games, and whats worse, the first week of game play in STO, will be exactly the same as you 240th week of game play... The hell?

3. I've been here since the betas, i want to pull the plug then, but i ignorantly let it ride, hoping ti would improve...
- It hasn't, this is beyond crap, the server stability is ****, even the community website's stability is sub-par.
I know part-time modders who have more imagination, and better upstanding of gaming stability, and longevity then obviously your entire company.

4. My biggest regret is pre-ordering this, I've heard all the "Fan-Boy" Excuses to these issues, and they are not valid excuses :
- "Give it time, it needs to work out it's kinks" - NO, you should have done that BEFORE you launched it.

This game is a representation of your companies ability to produce, and sustain a franchised MMO - On all parts you have failed, You've upset the fan base of Star Trek, and true MMO Players, and Veterans are disgusted with this game, it does nothing to get your attention, the sheer amount of game play issues are staggering, the quests are repetitive, and rehashed, the PvP has no bearing on purpose.

Seems like the only effort put into STO, was the marketing, and Pre-Order "Goodies" used to lure us into your trap!

1 Month Cryptic, if i'm not enthralled, i'm out - not just from STO, but FROM any title you ever release again, i don't care what the Fan Boys say, this game is a complete joke -
Im sure Cryptic dont care how long you give them, just leave already
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry, I can't help it... I have to ask the obligatory: "Can I have your stuff when you quit?"

Lt. Commander
# 49
01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Hmm, with such a disgusted view of STO...... your not cancelling your pre-order because (so you don't have to play STO at all)....?
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Pay to beta is the future :p