Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
"Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?"

No, but I won't cry like everyone does here, nor will I assume that it's something that could have been prevented. As a person who has employed people in the past, as a person who has had to deal with deadlines that were missed, and that had to deal with developers, I have a real idea of what can and does go wrong.

No industry, no product can guarantee 100% success. However, there is a such a thing as "good faith effort."

Yes, I would love that STO was up every second I wanted to log in, that it worked flawlessly on my machine, and that there was 0 problems. However, I realize the realities, that NO software is 100% flawless. Heck, even NASA, who has an impressive record for software development, has errors.

However, what I do know is that Cryptic isn't sitting there not trying to fix the problem.

I have to wonder if you've ever employed anyone. I can't imagine running a successful business where you wouldn't accept anything less than perfection. I've yet to see a company succeed in doing that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
There is a difference between making your voice heard and beating the marrow out of a dead horse.

Cryptic knows they have to optimize the server drastically, hell they probably would have loved to not release till they felt it was ready, but suits and bean counters don't give a sod about that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
fanbois deserve to be spoken to disrespectful and in a derogatory matter. They are the scum of the gaming world and do more harm to a product then any bad reviews or complaints ever will.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them. So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p

The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY. In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).

Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?

Since the moment they took my money i have had every right to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gameing companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end user stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.

Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.

That is the number one problem. Fanbois is also a derogatory term. It should be avoided.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
wow, really? can i sell you crap products then because your the type who likes them and would by them. what your name and where do you live so i can start doing a door to door sell with crap and make money off people like you too!
so, you automatically assume I'm an absolute defender of STO and Cryptic because I pointed out that the ideals the OP requested are rare, in general? You attack me as a "fanboi" because I am critical of the average forum poster? Hows that knee? Those sudden movements must be really straining it.

Please refrain. I'm on the side of the OP but think ALL posters, be they supporters of Cryptic or not, should adhere to the same standard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
I said something Very similar in another post.
I agree 100%

All the people that think this is acceptable need to be tranquilized. What the EFF do you think is okay about buying something and it NOT Working?

If you bough ANY item, and it did not work right out of the box you would be up in arms.
But for some reason- its Acceptable to you that Cryptic has made a SHltty product because "no mmo works right off the bat" you do realize that this headstart goes LIVE in 2 days.. and that the other 300k+ ppl who are trying to log in will only make this worse.

Stop Defending. Start Complaining with us.. so the community is on the same page. Why hold out like the Alamo. Swallow your pride-and lets get Cryptic to fix this UNACCEPTABLE problem.

And yes, some of you might think its funny that SOME people, (Myself NOT included) were actually looking forward to a weekend of STO. They bought a product with a promise. A promise of a HEADSTART- for a few days before LIVE- and they did not get it. They got a broken, buggy game, just like we expected.

All of you defending this game either don't care about money, have no logic, or are absolutely pathetic.

Buy a NEW model car and nothing works, and you say "well no car should work right off the lot"

I guess it would be nice to be that rich. Stop defending, stop calling us QQers stop calling us Whiners. This **** is not funny its not okay to run a business like this. EVERYTHING should run smoothly at launch. YOu should expect NOTHING LESS than a $50.00 game. Whats wrong with you?



Meanwhile The "devs" section doesn't even work...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
nice post i fully agree
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moradum
Because fanbois have always been respectful telling others to take it up the behind when we've paid for a product and expecting it to work?
Your expectations don't matter. Reality is what matters. And in reality MMO launches are always full of downtime and serious issues. If you can't bear this don't play MMO's at launch.

Some of us simply laugh at the self-entitled who think their piddly pocket change gives them the right to five-nines reliability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
wow, really? can i sell you crap products then because your the type who likes them and would by them. what your name and where do you live so i can start doing a door to door sell with crap and make money off people like you too!
Why are people so threatened by others who have a different opinion. Fine you don't like the game, that doesn't mean others don't.

Try to be an adult and make your point about it. Why you think others need to have the same opinion as you is just juvenile. You think it's a crap product others don't, it doesn't make your opinion the only right one, just your opinion.

Juvenile, as the OP asking for people to be civil with that subject title. That's like me punching you in the face and then asking you to talk about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Your expectations don't matter. Reality is what matters. And in reality MMO launches are always full of downtime and serious issues. If you can't bear this don't play MMO's at launch.

Some of us simply laugh at the self-entitled who think their piddly pocket change gives them the right to five-nines reliability.
Lol. Your cynicism is laughable. Some of us expect to get what we pay for. By what I can gather.. you are probably one of the people who get offended by the term fanboi LOL>
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 PM.