Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerealman
"Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?"

No, but I won't cry like everyone does here, nor will I assume that it's something that could have been prevented. As a person who has employed people in the past, as a person who has had to deal with deadlines that were missed, and that had to deal with developers, I have a real idea of what can and does go wrong.

No industry, no product can guarantee 100% success. However, there is a such a thing as "good faith effort."

Yes, I would love that STO was up every second I wanted to log in, that it worked flawlessly on my machine, and that there was 0 problems. However, I realize the realities, that NO software is 100% flawless. Heck, even NASA, who has an impressive record for software development, has errors.

However, what I do know is that Cryptic isn't sitting there not trying to fix the problem.

I have to wonder if you've ever employed anyone. I can't imagine running a successful business where you wouldn't accept anything less than perfection. I've yet to see a company succeed in doing that.
I actually employ 65 people ATM and i do not and never will tolerate incompetency nor will i ever allow my product to hit market unfinished, Also i would not never have and never will take money from a customer and not deliver as promised and then basicly tell my customers ...Deal with it. Only industry i know that consistantly gets away with it is this one. People dont pay for good faith efforts in biz they pay for results FACT. Following your model of its ok ill deal with it would have bankrupted me 10 years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
Lol. Your cynicism is laughable. Some of us expect to get what we pay for. By what I can gather.. you are probably one of the people who get offended by the term fanboi LOL>
Most people don't get offended by it, it just shows your inmaturity that you have to put your idiotic tags on those that disagree with you.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Stop Defending. Start Complaining with us.. so the community is on the same page.
What fantasy world do you live in?

Do you really think the devs are sitting around a "make server work button" cackling like Dr Evil and refusing to press it? Your complaining will not make the servers work correctly. At best if Cryptic can't bear your whining they will throw you a few days of play time (A whole $2 worth for all of headstart).
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
I

Stop Defending. Start Complaining with us.. so the community is on the same page. Why hold out like the Alamo. Swallow your pride-and lets get Cryptic to fix this UNACCEPTABLE problem.
Have your opinion, I have a different one. Grow up and deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 25 RE: Fanbois don't help
01-31-2010, 12:07 PM
In my option Cryptic has delevoped a great core game and is alot better to play then I ever thought it could be. I will only say this.

Come on a space flight Sim game that you can't use a joystick?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
It was meant to be derogatory and sorry for the bad english grammar its my 6th language. If you would like to continue in French,Spanish,Portugese,Italian or croation it would be my pleasure and i promise my grammer will be much improved.
Good for you. The "fanbois" do not realize they are doing more to harm the game's future, than any of the critical comments that fill the STO forum.
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Your expectations don't matter. Reality is what matters. And in reality MMO launches are always full of downtime and serious issues. If you can't bear this don't play MMO's at launch.

Some of us simply laugh at the self-entitled who think their piddly pocket change gives them the right to five-nines reliability.

Exactly.... I got another Q... how many MMO's are playing on one server these days?? Not shards... one server.. this game doesnt have 20 different shards like something like city of heroes,, or swg, or EQ.. or any number of games... or like wow.. what is it 100's by now?? its all one shard., i think the only game that runs one is Eve.. You think even was smooth day one? yea right

People just have zero clue how networking works.. The game needs to be optimized and stressed.. and there is ZERO way to do that in beta testing.. Its just a fact of life..

dont like it... like he said.. Dont play an MMO at launch..
Lt. Commander
# 28 yes but..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them. So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p

The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY. In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).

Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?

Since the moment they took my money i have had every right to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gameing companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end user stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.

Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.
yes thats true but i wonder how many of you people are developers?...how many of you really understand what is needed to create your little world? also have anyone ever thought about the idea that cryptic is really a bunch of real live human beings? not just a corporation...a little positive feedback and gratz on what they have done (which imo is enormous) would be nice for a change...being a 35 yr old gamer u should appreciate what is possible today (im 42 btw) and the many problems and difficulties that arise from such complex technology....quit being so damn spoiled....quit being such a whiney consumer and give the guys a break at cryptic i think so far and i do meqan so far they have done a great job and fining bugs and fixing issues....ALSO BTW ....SWG STAR WARS GALAXIES IS STILL RUNNING IT WASNT THE STAR WARSY **** THAT MADE IT GET CRAPPY IT WAS THE NON STAR WARSY CRAP AND SONY'S IDIOT IDEA TO NERF THE GAME DOWN FOR SNOT NOSED IDIOT KIDS THAT MESSED UP THE GAME yes there are alot of younger players but who is the player base that has jobs and can pay for fees? who is the player base that doesnt generally just play for a few months and then move on to somethin else because their suger induced adhd whiny spoiled consumer child minds cant handle staying loyal...its not the 35-40 year olds i can tell ya no its the 9,10,11,12,13,14 yr olds that present this behavior to young to realize that they are lucky to have technology like this at all....sit them down with an atari 2600 and yars revenge for a few months then maybe they will appreciate this game...
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
Exactly.... I got another Q... how many MMO's are playing on one server these days?? Not shards... one server.. this game doesnt have 20 different shards like something like city of heroes,, or swg, or EQ.. or any number of games... or like wow.. what is it 100's by now?? its all one shard., i think the only game that runs one is Eve.. You think even was smooth day one? yea right

People just have zero clue how networking works.. The game needs to be optimized and stressed.. and there is ZERO way to do that in beta testing.. Its just a fact of life..

dont like it... like he said.. Dont play an MMO at launch..
forgive me for NOT knowing how severs work. Im not a Techie... but isn't that what CB/OB is for?
To figure all these kinks out- so people like me.. that buy the game and want to play can just do so?
I guess you know more than we do..
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Hrmm... My vison of a Fanboi would be the person who post's directly after a Mod or Dev team. Blowing sunshine up their ass. " Good job! doing your job!"