Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
This is the only industry in the world (Gaming) that has sheep read fanboys that so blindly defend mediocrity. If this were some kind of Business program, I can promise people would be complaining and within 15 minutes there'd be word how its getting fixed and will be up shortly.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaMarie View Post
This is the only industry in the world (Gaming) that has sheep read fanboys that so blindly defend mediocrity. If this were some kind of Business program, I can promise people would be complaining and within 15 minutes there'd be word how its getting fixed and will be up shortly.
Unlike the auto, computer, entertainment, ect ect industry.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
Lol. Your cynicism is laughable. Some of us expect to get what we pay for. By what I can gather.. you are probably one of the people who get offended by the term fanboi LOL>
You have (maybe) paid $2 for four days of game play. With absolutely NO GUARANTEE of server reliability let alone that you would have FIVE-NINES (and I doubt you even know what that means so you shouldn't even be posting) reliability.

And no I don't get offended by "fanboi" because I am not one. I paid my money with the expectation that I would get maybe sixty hours or so of entertainment for my money (a fair bit for modern single player games). I am sure I will get that in the month of play time that comes with my purchase.

I bet you are one of the people that whine for their 0.05 cents back when WoW crashes for a few hours.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
I actually employ 65 people ATM and i do not and never will tolerate incompetency nor will i ever allow my product to hit market unfinished, Also i would not never have and never will take money from a customer and not deliver as promised and then basicly tell my customers ...Deal with it. Only industry i know that consistantly gets away with it is this one. People dont pay for good faith efforts in biz they pay for results FACT. Following your model of its ok ill deal with it would have bankrupted me 10 years ago.

really?? soo you made a game that lets 100k people on the same server at the same time?? I wonder what that product you have is..

are you in IT?? If soo can you tell me how to test servers for 100k people... Before you accually have 100k people playing?

let me let ya in on a secret.. You cant...
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Agree 100% with the op, dont lay back and take it just cause you want to fool yourselves that the game is good
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
really?? soo you made a game that lets 100k people on the same server at the same time?? I wonder what that product you have is..

are you in IT?? If soo can you tell me how to test servers for 100k people... Before you accually have 100k people playing?

let me let ya in on a secret.. You cant...
Let the chinese farmers stress test the server's before any mmo release......
Lt. Commander
# 37
Quote:
Go look at a residential internet connection. Now go price a business connection. Note the several orders of magnitude increase in cost.
Lt. Commander
# 38
I don't usually post "attaboy" threads, but the original post was extremely well written and I agree 100%.

Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them.
I don't know if that's something you want to necessarily brag about, but fair enough.

Quote:
So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p
Slight flaw in that logic. Star Wars Galaxies wasn't done in due to bad servers or buggy gameplay. SoE, in their infinite widsom, decided to completely change how the game was played and drove away the rather dedicated fanbase they had.

I should know. I was one of those few who earned the right to be a Jedi, dammit. (Yes, I'm still bitter)

Moreover, I don't think many of the people who are still here are making excuses so much as saying people need to temper their expectations around launch time. If these problems persist at this magnitude for a few weeks, then... yeah. There's serious issues. But as it stands, the 44,000 "zomg servers r crasheddded!!1111!" threads are rather pointless, premature and, in many instances, immature.

Quote:
The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY.
"Liberty."

Quote:
In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).
On one hand, this is quite true and I wholeheartedly agree. On the other hand, those of us who paid for the Head Start access also paid to experience the same issues that would've plagued the game's launch as well. In essence, we paid to be the "sacrificial lamb", so to speak.

[quote]Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?[quote]

I've learned that you can't always blame people for computer-related errors. Assuming nobody at Cryptic spilled Diet Dr. Pepper onto the servers during a rather awesome office party, I would be hesitant to place the blame at his or her feet.

Quote:
Since the moment they took my money i have had every right

"Liberty."

Quote:
to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gaming companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end user stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.
An MMO company could spend a decade working on a product, ironing out every single bug in every single facet of the game. They could run a million calculations and run a thousand simulated stress tests. But once they open the servers to the public and let tens of thousands of people with tens of thousands of different internet connections and computer set-ups onto their servers, there are going to be complications.

There just are.

Quote:
Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.
"Lib"... actually, no. "Right" was used correctly that time.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:

seeing your a life time subscriber.. Why dont ya take a month off... come back when the game has its server stress test done.. Its gonna take another few weeks..

read a book or something..