Lt. Commander
# 41
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaMarie View Post
This is the only industry in the world (Gaming) that has sheep read fanboys that so blindly defend mediocrity. If this were some kind of Business program, I can promise people would be complaining and within 15 minutes there'd be word how its getting fixed and will be up shortly.
Now that's funny. Let me guess you've never used an online business application?

Working for a business that has a business database online that our customers use i can tell you this happens not just to MMO's.. We had problems that brought down our system because of an obscure update that a hardware vendor neglected to apply.

Crap happens in these kinds of environments all the time. Seeing it happen on the business side with different companies as well gives me more patience towards MMO's.

Do you understand how coming from a different point of view can give you a different opinion that has nothing to do with being a 'fanboi' or are you just not that.....quick? Don't be embarrased, it would seem a lot of posters aren't, they can't seem to handle people with different opinions based on different experiences and knowledge (that's how opinions work). Hopefully you'll mature with time and understand these things.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus

An MMO company could spend a decade working on a product, ironing out every single bug in every single facet of the game. They could run a million calculations and run a thousand simulated stress tests. But once they open the servers to the public and let tens of thousands of people with tens of thousands of different internet connections and computer set-ups onto their servers, there are going to be complications.

Look.. Someone else that gets it !!
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingoff
Hrmm... My vison of a Fanboi would be the person who post's directly after a Mod or Dev team. Blowing sunshine up their ass. " Good job! doing your job!"
or good job NOT doing your job
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
seeing your a life time subscriber.. Why dont ya take a month off... come back when the game has its server stress test done.. Its gonna take another few weeks..

read a book or something..
Why would he? He is a massive troll that has been discredited. During OB when difficulty was broken such that you could literally AFK solo everything he went around saying that the difficulty was now "fixed" so that all the "casuals" could play.

How he can bear to post knowing how laughable Cryptic made him less then a day later I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
really?? soo you made a game that lets 100k people on the same server at the same time?? I wonder what that product you have is..

are you in IT?? If soo can you tell me how to test servers for 100k people... Before you accually have 100k people playing?

let me let ya in on a secret.. You cant...
Im gonna reply to 2 posts at once you and the other guy asking if i know what it takes. Im a CCIE if you dont know what that is look it up. I own and operate a data center. And no its not ok nor is it the end of the world or the end of sto or even the end of my subscription. What it is, Im letting cryptic know and all the FANBOIS know that some of us are not ok with more DT than UT. I would love to have some of you fanbois as customers it would be soooo easy to take your money for fiber and toss you on a dsl and tell you tough deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
I said something Very similar in another post.
I agree 100%

All the people that think this is acceptable need to be tranquilized. What the EFF do you think is okay about buying something and it NOT Working?

If you bough ANY item, and it did not work right out of the box you would be up in arms.
But for some reason- its Acceptable to you that Cryptic has made a SHltty product because "no mmo works right off the bat" you do realize that this headstart goes LIVE in 2 days.. and that the other 300k+ ppl who are trying to log in will only make this worse.
Here is the problem.

It does work. I installed it, updated it, and played it just fine. Now, this is an MMO, and it's a Server-based game, and like all server-based games, if the server goes down, we can't play. And generally it's safest to bring the server down to update it, and improve performance all around, as well as add updates.

As for everyone who disagree with *****ing and moaning and crying and whining and acting like we are 10 years old: why should we all be tranqued? That's rather harsh, and cruel.

Finally, what do you expect them to do?

Not launch?

No, the reality is, we accept that Cryptic is making a Good Faith effort to improve things. You seem to think they don't care. Which, in both cases, I guess, really offer something telling about the individual making the accusation.

On a final note: No software works 100% without flaw. In fact, most products work despite flaws. I'm surprised you own a computer at all.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Im gonna reply to 2 posts at once you and the other guy asking if i know what it takes. Im a CCIE if you dont know what that is look it up. I own and operate a data center. And no its not ok nor is it the end of the world or the end of sto or even the end of my subscription. What it is, Im letting cryptic know and all the FANBOIS know that some of us are not ok with more DT than UT. I would love to have some of you fanbois as customers it would be soooo easy to take your money for fiber and toss you on a dsl and tell you tough deal with it.
You are cool because you put labels on people that disagree with you.

You know who else did that?
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
You are cool because you put labels on people that disagree with you.

You know who else did that?
Anyone who has ever disagreed with anybody, ever?
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaMarie View Post
This is the only industry in the world (Gaming) that has sheep read fanboys that so blindly defend mediocrity. If this were some kind of Business program, I can promise people would be complaining and within 15 minutes there'd be word how its getting fixed and will be up shortly.
No, it's not the only industry. There are lots of areas that have this effect.

Software in general (Apple fans anyone?).
Politics (The polarity in the US is mind-boggling)
Religion (they value being mindless sheep).
Music
Movies.
Books.

Anything anyone has an opinion on, you'll have people railing against any perceived slight.

Indeed, people get way to self righteous.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Anyone who has ever disagreed with anybody, ever?
I guess you have a real mature circle of friends....