Lt. Commander
# 51
01-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them. So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p

The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY. In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).

Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?

Since the moment they took my money i have had every right to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gameing companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end user stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.

Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.

Note to the moron: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems, you are indeed an obligatory moron.
Lt. Commander
# 52
See , You deserve what you tolerate. I just posted it. I agree with the OP, and fanbois don't help. WE are to blame for tolerating ANY MMO in this condition. It ain't ready for release yet, and that's supposed to be in two days. Fecal material occurs for sure, but this is two days in a row that the servers couldn't handle even the pre-release work load.
Lt. Commander
# 53
Quote:
Let me start by saying im a huge ST fan and scifi in general i am also a seasond mmo gamer 35 years old and ive played almost all of them. So far i think im up to 18-20 alpha/beta tests. That being said im no rookie to launches nor problems therein.

One thing you cannot do if you as a consumer if you want your chosen game to be good is make excuses for the developers. What that does is show them you are willing to accept halfassd work becouse of the games license just ask those who watched there swg go down in flames becouse of all the ubergeeks willimg to accept starwarsy and iconic :p

The people complaining about the headstart have every right to do so and LOUDLY. In essence what we have given them is an interest free loan to be able to PLAY the COMPLETED game untill launch thats what ya paid for thats what you should get. (threatining to sue is ridiculous).

Even worse then empty and idle threats is coddling them. Alot of you are young and have never had people working for you but alot of you have and do. So let me ask you this if i work for you and i tell you that on wensday im doin A,b,c, so that on fri D can happen if by sun D still hasnt happend or breaks when you try to use it are you going to make excuses for him/her?

Since the moment they took my money i have had every right to expect and demand a useable and viable product that holds true with anything not only mmo's but for some reason gameing companies get away with releasing half finished unstable products as a rule and not the exception. Untill we the end user stop tolerating it ,it shall never change.

Let them know you are unsatisfied but do intelligently,politely,and with some respect. But for the love of god dont tell people they have no right nor basis to be dissapointed.
Please if you are going to preach please live by your own sermons, Fanboi no matter how many languages you know is still derogatory.

There is a certain amount of complaining to be expected but alot of it is unreasonable.

if you beta tested many MMOs I am sure you know then that server down time can unfortunetly be expected.

But I disagree with people saying fanbois hurt games more than the complainers.
If you heard 10 people talking about how good a restuarant is then one guy came up and said no way would he go there that he found a bug or something in his food would you go to there and give the place a try even though there are 6 other restuarants just like that one you could go to?
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Quit crying. Servers are back up :-)
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
I,m not a fanboi for STO but there is a huge difference in gameplay elements or server/bugs issues. A fanboi as i was for SWG give comment to improve gameplay like crafting systems, death panalties, housing , questing PvP etc. These are RP elements. But when you see thousands of the same threads with the same crap that the server is down and i,m going to leave because i can,t play in the headstart because the server is down then its real boring. I don,t need forums to tell me that the server is down, i see it myself. Alot of the same threads only bring this community to a dead end. The same happend with SWG.
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:

QFT. 100% agree.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Im gonna reply to 2 posts at once you and the other guy asking if i know what it takes. Im a CCIE if you dont know what that is look it up. I own and operate a data center. And no its not ok nor is it the end of the world or the end of sto or even the end of my subscription. What it is, Im letting cryptic know and all the FANBOIS know that some of us are not ok with more DT than UT. I would love to have some of you fanbois as customers it would be soooo easy to take your money for fiber and toss you on a dsl and tell you tough deal with it.
What company do you work for that has never had a problem. Must be nice not having to deal with customer problems. Ever.

Especially since your attitude suggests that if you every made a mistake or lost a customer for any reason, you didn't have any standards at all.

Oh, I'm sorry. Double standards and all.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
See , You deserve what you tolerate. I just posted it. I agree with the OP, and fanbois don't help. WE are to blame for tolerating ANY MMO in this condition. It ain't ready for release yet, and that's supposed to be in two days. Fecal material occurs for sure, but this is two days in a row that the servers couldn't handle even the pre-release work load.
So then cancel your subscription. That's the only way you won't tolerate. Complaining while you play isn't going to help.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
Why are you still here then? If the situation in unacceptable why haven't you cancelled your pre-order and stopped playing?

See "money talks" only works if you take your money and walk.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post
Note to the moron: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems, you are indeed an obligatory moron.
My my arent you the smart one? What we paid for as stated is the opporunity to play the release version of the game for a few days before release as well as some other things ( interestingly enough no one has those either). That is not happening. And i know its gonna have problems i expect it. But complete server meltdowns several times a day when only 1/4 of the expected populous logging in 2 days before launch? Nah sorry kid that not acceptable and if you think it is i got a bridge in brooklyn ill sell you for a buck.....