Lt. Commander
# 91
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
You don't seriously believe I read your whole post, do you ?
nahh.. but I've seen quite a few of your posts here... as stated, you "fuel the fire", an instigator so to speak. Pity you can't be server banned for that.
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
Can this go in my signature? It's brilliant!
Sure.

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Why do you even bother ? Tomorrow, maybe 3 hours later than it is now, the real customers will be stuck with a crashed forum and an offline game. They'll flame Cryptic so hard that the whole damn California may burn. The fanbois will probably be crucified and eaten alive. And we will all play Mass Effect 2. :p
In EVE you learn not to bother posting on the forums. It's for louder and more obnoxious people than yourself. In STO, I'm quickly gathering the same opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Now this is absolute BS pure and simple.

577 of 577

Nice, my number is growing...577 is now 586
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaMarie View Post
Fanboys are funny, they were whining before 'oh this is beta, its natural' now the game is live and they are still trying to defend mediocrity. Its people like this that make me weep for the future because if people just accepted rubbish happening and didnt complain we'd all have lost WW2.
Yeah, I don't get this. It's one thing to resign yourself to failure and inadequacy, it's another to be strident and vehement about defending it.
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by local.host View Post
Cryptic is not wielding political power here. It's a private company. It provides an elective, voluntary service for a fee. If you don't like the quality of service, you don't have to pay for it. America is so great!
Fortunately we don't live on the Ferengi homeworld and we stopped operating with caveat emptor a century ago
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmens View Post
To all those that say all too often: "It's to be expected.." "It's just a Head Start and there will be lots of issues..." and other such comments, I say to you, DON'T ACCEPT FAILURE by Atari and Cryptic, or any other game dev company.

We pay for a service that should be, like any other service, damn close to perfect.

If your car you just got off the lot has an engine failure 1 block out of the showroom, do you accept it and just go home on foot? NO.

If you go to the grocery store and find the steaks you just purchased are rotten due to someone not putting the correct date on the package, do you eat them anyway? NO.

So why do we defend those game companies that have 'bred into us' the idea that a failure to provide stable, bug-free and/or playable games in the MMO field?

Don't be a sheep to the mass understanding of "Ohhh, it's how games work and it will get better" crap. Anything you buy should be at it's best when you buy it, that's what you are paying for, a working product. Demand better, Call out for it and speak against those that would STEAL your money for their question able services.
Epic win sir, Epic win!