Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmens View Post
Don't Defend Failure!
Why do you even bother ? Tomorrow, maybe 3 hours later than it is now, the real customers will be stuck with a crashed forum and an offline game. They'll flame Cryptic so hard that the whole damn California may burn. The fanbois will probably be crucified and eaten alive. And we will all play Mass Effect 2. :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Fanboys are funny, they were whining before 'oh this is beta, its natural' now the game is live and they are still trying to defend mediocrity. Its people like this that make me weep for the future because if people just accepted rubbish happening and didnt complain we'd all have lost WW2.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
To all those that say all too often: "It's to be expected.." "It's just a Head Start and there will be lots of issues..." and other such comments, I say to you, DON'T ACCEPT FAILURE by Atari and Cryptic, or any other game dev company.

We pay for a service that should be, like any other service, damn close to perfect.

If your car you just got off the lot has an engine failure 1 block out of the showroom, do you accept it and just go home on foot? NO.

If you go to the grocery store and find the steaks you just purchased are rotten due to someone not putting the correct date on the package, do you eat them anyway? NO.

So why do we defend those game companies that have 'bred into us' the idea that a failure to provide stable, bug-free and/or playable games in the MMO field?

Don't be a sheep to the mass understanding of "Ohhh, it's how games work and it will get better" crap. Anything you buy should be at it's best when you buy it, that's what you are paying for, a working product. Demand better, Call out for it and speak against those that would STEAL your money for their question able services.
First MMO i see.
Lt. Commander
# 14
O dear.
Now we're comparing MMORPGs to Cars...
This is better than my theoretical debating club.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
To all those that say all too often: "It's to be expected.." "It's just a Head Start and there will be lots of issues..." and other such comments, I say to you, DON'T ACCEPT FAILURE by Atari and Cryptic, or any other game dev company.

We pay for a service that should be, like any other service, damn close to perfect.

If your car you just got off the lot has an engine failure 1 block out of the showroom, do you accept it and just go home on foot? NO.

If you go to the grocery store and find the steaks you just purchased are rotten due to someone not putting the correct date on the package, do you eat them anyway? NO.

So why do we defend those game companies that have 'bred into us' the idea that a failure to provide stable, bug-free and/or playable games in the MMO field?

Don't be a sheep to the mass understanding of "Ohhh, it's how games work and it will get better" crap. Anything you buy should be at it's best when you buy it, that's what you are paying for, a working product. Demand better, Call out for it and speak against those that would STEAL your money for their question able services.
I accept this thread as failure
Lt. Commander
# 16
Yeah I agree OP. This is bush league amateur hour stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
You just dump your brand new $40000 car on the side of the road do you? I'll stop by, leave the keys please.
Wow, so now we are comparing my $40000 car to a video game... lol, just lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
I won't defend it, but I can do anything about it. Not one single thing, except nerdrage here on the forums, hoping beyond hope that some dev will read my reply and say, "Guys, we gotta get this back up now! Gladius will not defend our failure anymore!" An voila, server up! Er, that is how reality works right?
Lt. Commander
# 19
This is a good game. Not being able to play is a downer. Why would I get angry at the company? I just want them to get the server back up, and so do they. We have the same goal.
Lt. Commander
# 20
How many of these threads do we need......REALLY!!!