Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,855
# 21
11-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Marcus - when you start playing the game, killing off your Captain may start to become a challenge. That's two "mains" within a year
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,573
# 22
11-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Marcus - when you start playing the game, killing off your Captain may start to become a challenge. That's two "mains" within a year
*whistling* I can go "PREPARE ROR RAMMING SPEED!!!", right?

Have to admit, Amanda's death was unplanned at the time of writing, but something which I suspected would have to happen as soon as the last LC was posted... Still, she went down fighting, not getting punked like Boba Fett Hope you liked the entry though... I'll be interested to see what changes in dynamic this may introduce, as Ael and Amanda are both very similar... Both tactically trained, both survivors of abuse, and both about as diplomatic as a brick through a window, so it'll be interesting to see what/how things change
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,855
# 23
11-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Welllll ... Amanda was the name of my ex, sooooo I'm okay with that
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,573
# 24
11-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Welllll ... Amanda was the name of my ex, sooooo I'm okay with that
Fair enough
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 216
# 25
11-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Ael and Amanda are both very similar... Both tactically trained, both survivors of abuse, and both about as diplomatic as a brick through a window, so it'll be interesting to see what/how things change
Sounds like Ael would get along quite nicely with Bryan
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Join date: Some time in Closed Beta
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,573
# 26
11-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Sounds like Ael would get along quite nicely with Bryan
They're definitely cut from the same cloth I would say that she has a slightly more tempered style of command, however, her comments to a disturbed officer did lead to them offing themselves, so she's no saint

[Edit to add]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
"Well, after the Vanguard, he tried the Bedford, the Tiburon and the Endeavour. Each captain declined his transfer, but Commander t'Kazanak was particularly scathing after Captain Atreides' dismissal of Mister Cornish, although she clearly made an impression, as you can see."

Palmer looked down at one of the unbagged PADDs, and saw it showing an issue of Romulan Babes.

Last edited by marcusdkane; 11-28-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,573
# 27
11-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Thought this would be the next one. I have nothing on this, but I have finished another story, One Night: Bosip's Defiance which will be posted later today.
Excellent piece I'm surprised Bosip didn't wake up in the brig for pulling that one
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,029
# 28
11-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks. I was tempted to write this one for that LC where someone was in the brig, but didn't have time to get it written. And there is still 16 days before the ship is ambushed by the Gorn, who knows what punishment Stunshock or Talaina will inflict on him in that space.

I hope my speech layout was better on this run, and it was easier to follow who was talking.
*******************************************

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,573
# 29
11-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Thanks. I was tempted to write this one for that LC where someone was in the brig, but didn't have time to get it written. And there is still 16 days before the ship is ambushed by the Gorn, who knows what punishment Stunshock or Talaina will inflict on him in that space.

I hope my speech layout was better on this run, and it was easier to follow who was talking.
The dialogue flowed really nicely, and I especially enjoyed where Stunshock slammed the desk and made Bosip stand to attention despite his wounds, that really underscored just how far he'd crossed the line To quote Joey Tribbianni: "The line is a dot to you!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 239
# 30
11-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Posted my entry Nightmare of Air and Darkness.

It's set a few days after the 'Sphere of Influence'.

As to the mention of anachronism's, it's more of a mention to the fact that only one character can be considered to have all these events occur around them, while alternate characters could be considered alternate timelines/ have similar series of events occur to them.

So iin this I play the fact that Gregs had all this happen to him, while the others where given small roles to play, but vital to me. Ex: Ace planting bombs since he is Romulan, and Berg going with Koren,a fellow klingon captain.

Hope it makes sense!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 PM.