Career Officer
# 41
12-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I liked it I liked the idea of a gate within a star, I liked the ship ending up in absolute nothingness, and I liked the mystery of the second barely detected gate. Another commander may have set course rather than immediately heading home (but I think that was the wise choice), and I especially enjoyed the protocol fade to black I'll look forward to learning more about this crew in future challenges
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, another captain may have gone to look at the other gate, but with the gate only being powered for a maximum of two hours and its containment field threatening to fail, probably a good thing they returned.
Captain
# 42
12-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
"This is just perfect. We have a genetically engineered super soldier, who is only six years old by the way, who just punched out a dinosaur..."
Yes. Yes, this is indeed just perfect.

(Sadly, I'll be sitting this round out - my FPS goes to Gre'thor whenever I go to the Sphere, so I have little idea what actually happens over there.)
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 43
12-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Yes. Yes, this is indeed just perfect.

(Sadly, I'll be sitting this round out - my FPS goes to Gre'thor whenever I go to the Sphere, so I have little idea what actually happens over there.)
HA! you beat me to posting about my story while i was fixing the Question marks. It's a shame you're sitting this one out. I'd Definitely be curious to see the Gorn point of view on the Voth and their Raptors.

Either way, my story is up, and personally it seemed more like a filler episode. I'm glad it's getting a good response so far though.
Captain
# 44
12-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstromvortex View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, another captain may have gone to look at the other gate, but with the gate only being powered for a maximum of two hours and its containment field threatening to fail, probably a good thing they returned.
Anytime, it's always nice to see new writers contributing to the challenges
Republic Veteran
# 45
12-06-2013, 04:51 PM
And Selene returns for another story - sort of. I really need to get back to Captain Bh'ypiv and his arrested Chief Engineer at some stage.

Anyway, the idea for this one was drawn out of the VOY episode where they went after the Omega particle. With the positive abundance of Omega in Solanae and the crowds of liberated borg running around the STO universe, that left me with a nice little story concept.

Enjoy.
Captain
# 46
12-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drajora View Post
And Selene returns for another story - sort of. I really need to get back to Captain Bh'ypiv and his arrested Chief Engineer at some stage.

Anyway, the idea for this one was drawn out of the VOY episode where they went after the Omega particle. With the positive abundance of Omega in Solanae and the crowds of liberated borg running around the STO universe, that left me with a nice little story concept.

Enjoy.
Very nice concept, I really enjoyed this entry
Commander
# 47
12-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Very nice concept, I really enjoyed this entry
Same here - the loop, the descriptions of the sphere, the 'rescue mission' and the mystery / cliffhanger at the end.
Captain
# 48
12-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Finally!

Ok, so I obliquely answered the challenge. So far though, my gaming experience has been more pew-pew than explore-explore. That's fine in an MMO, but in a setting where "exploration" is the raison d'etre, I went that route.

I do not anticipate following up with this so it's up to the reader if Kathryn and the crew of the Solaris succeeded or not. BUT the next LC will actually govern that.

Cast:
Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols

Thel Ythysi - Kevin Sorbo

Omazei - Gemma Arterton (cast change)

Mentioned but not seen:
Anthi Ythysi - Katheryn Winnick
Helmsman - Random extra #1
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 12-08-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Cast list
Captain
# 49
12-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Finally!

Ok, so I obliquely answered the challenge. So far though, my gaming experience has been more pew-pew than explore-explore. That's fine in an MMO, but in a setting where "exploration" is the raison d'etre, I went that route.

I do not anticipate following up with this so it's up to the reader if Kathryn and the crew of the Solaris succeeded or not. BUT the next LC will actually govern that.

Cast:
Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols

Thel Ythysi - Kevin Sorbo

Omazei - Gemma Arterton (cast change)

Mentioned but not seen:
Anthi Ythysi - Katheryn Winnick
Helmsman - Random extra #1
Excellent entry. Have either of those other ships been mentioned in your previous entries? I was just trying to think if one was the ship of Kathryn's Deltan friend
Captain
# 50
12-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Thank you for reading!

The Deltan friend (Daikar) is on the Corborba These are ships are meant for this story for now. However, if an LC (past or present) allows it, then the Misericorde will make an appearance (pun intended?).

Right now, they are the motivation for Kathyrn's current desire to explore the Sphere, instead of fighting on it (like the game would have the player do). If the ships appear elsewhere, then that may be the extra motivation for Kathryn here.

You know, several LCs ago, I stated that my entries do not follow a linear path. I still think this is a decent decision as it allows me flexibility to drop my characters whenever and wherever I need them to satisfy the LC itself. So, if the Misericorde was known the Kathryn previously, then her motivation is overtly missing from this piece. But if this is how she knows the ship, then this event may motivate her actions later. That creative option is appealing to me. I just hope its not a turn-off to the audience.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene