Lt. Commander
This is almost worse than beta now... and it's supposed to be the real deal. I certainly hope this isn't a sign of things to come for official launch day, or else STO will fall to the same reputation as SWG
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:20 AM
People like you don't even deserve a head start. Get over it, this is your first MMO, let me explain how launch - 1 month works, crash crash, crash, fix fix done. It always has been like this and always will. So get off your high horse and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
People like you don't even deserve a head start. Get over it, this is your first MMO, let me explain how launch - 1 month works, crash crash, crash, fix fix done. It always has been like this and always will. So get off your high horse and move on.
/signed...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Well sorry to disapoint but it will probly be like this for a month or two.. will be even worse on release day... and will stay bad say 1 - 3 months then it will be good (we hope)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Ya but at least a 5-10 minute warning before the game goes down for maintenance WOULD be nice! Give us a chance to finish a mission we are on instead of saying log off and the game crashes in like 15-20 seconds.

This is far from MY first MMO and ill tell you,..headstart is to give players that actually contributed/paid to get it a "HEADSTART" not server maintenance every 4-6 hours for 3-4 hours at a time, not including the client crashing by itself.

Bottom line a countdown would be much better then just telling you to log and the client just crashes in less then 30 seconds.

Crashes are to be expected, as in all new games, but it didn't crash or have maintenance half as much in the beta in a 2 day period as it has had in the last 2 days lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Ironically, I suspect that the game server's stability will improve - not because of any investment in infrastructure from Cryptic, but due to a mass exodus of players thus lightening the server load.
Lt. Commander
# 7
"Head Start" ??....rofl, try extended open beta, is a more appropriate name.

And try to ignore fanbois like Jason there, theres 100s like him, you'd think they were all on Cryptics payroll the way they go on..heh.

Expect more nastiness from the other 9999s of fanbois, Zermus, there sure to jump on this like a plague of religious zealot ninja warriors, fighting for the "Cause"...lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
It has been better then I thought it would be.
Thought the server would go down much more then it is
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
I see nothing wrong with Star Trek Forums Online!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
sheeple like you are why companies think it's OK to release unfinished, under supported products. how about having a little self respect and demanding the SERVICE that you are paying for?