Lt. Commander
A loss of revenue or at best delayed revenue.

It's simple. I'm a diehard and been in the OB and HS but I won't do the lifetime even with the discount because at this time I cannot
1) Count on the game being available when I have the time to play
2) believe that most folks like me won't get frustrated enough to just stop trying to login after awhile, hence, the game will die a slow death or at least not have the revenue base it needs to improve.

So a bunch of you will reply that we aren't even at launch yet... I get that. Do you get that I'm already frustrated enough with the outages that I'm about to just turn the game off for good?

A bunch of you will also threaten to sue. Really? is it worth your time for $50? I've gotten some decent entertainment value out of it the last few weeks and $50 is just way to little to complain about. I mean, do you really sue Tom Cruise after you drop $30 on tickets and popcorn to see Valkryies?

I'm sad... because I had hope that this would be the next WOW and it's Star Trek for gosh sakes... no one would make the mistake of rolling that out wrong... or would they....

I feel like I've been stuck watching the boring episodes of DS9 this weekend. You know, a whole weekend of the stupid prophets and that old prophet lady that is mean.

Sigh....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Moar QQ please, my ship runs on the tears of the forum malcontents instead of antimatter. You all fuel me on.
Lt. Commander
# 3 A better question for you...
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
I've got a better question for you -- Why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks supposed to give two flying rats patuties that you're going to quit? Not just you, but *any* of you that come here to ***** and moan at a group that can't do diddly squat for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt
A loss of revenue or at best delayed revenue.

So a bunch of you will reply that we aren't even at launch yet... I get that. Do you get that I'm already frustrated enough with the outages that I'm about to just turn the game off for good?
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
Moar QQ please, my ship runs on the tears of the forum malcontents instead of antimatter. You all fuel me on.
Epic comeback is epic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
Yes, your comment was helpful in retaining me as a customer of Cryptic. Please do chase away as many as your can so there really isn't enough revenue to keep the game going.

THEN we will see who is moaning... me (that decided not to subscribe) or you... the little fanboi (or whatever you elite kiddies are calling yourselves nowadays).

Silly dweeb.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
Epic comeback is epic.
I think I found me a new sig hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michrech View Post
I've got a better question for you -- Why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks supposed to give two flying rats patuties that you're going to quit? Not just you, but *any* of you that come here to ***** and moan at a group that can't do diddly squat for you.
Another kid whose parents haven't taught him how businesses stay in business.

Hey kid, if you are the only one that buys a big mac anymore... do you think McDonald's will stay in business just for you?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
The irony is this: the vast majority of people who cry on the forums about server downtime are the same people who say they won't play the game and support Cryptic financially. Which is ironic, because without the financial support from subscriptions (and the micro-transactions (that are voluntary)), Cryptic cannot buy the servers that the crying person so desperately wants.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Um, sorry... I seem to have missed the part where the OP actually discussed what was in the title of the topic...

So I'll do it for the OP.

The server outages mean that there's entirely too many Trekkies. As someone trying to contradict me only to end up supporting me said a few minutes ago "this isn't even the full size crowd that'll happen at release." Simply put, Cryptic needs to buy new servers.

It's a "Meet the Beatles" scenario all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
The irony is this: the vast majority of people who cry on the forums about server downtime are the same people who say they won't play the game and support Cryptic financially. Which is ironic, because without the financial support from subscriptions (and the micro-transactions (that are voluntary)), Cryptic cannot buy the servers that the crying person so desperately wants.
Here is the real irony... no one in these forums understand that starting an MMO requires a capital investment and a business must secure enought capital to provide customers with the experience they want. Otherwise, the customers will not come back.

It's not my responsibility to provide them capital for a product release. I'm not an investor. If I was, I'd be more peeved at this rollout.

That's the simplified way of teaching you all how business works...