Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Um, sorry... I seem to have missed the part where the OP actually discussed what was in the title of the topic...
Let me help you by restating it... you must have missed the first line...

"A loss of revenue or at best delayed revenue."
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Hm. Interesting. Am I seeing RAGEQUIT posts already?!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt
Here is the real irony... no one in these forums understand that starting an MMO requires a capital investment and a business must secure enought capital to provide customers with the experience they want. Otherwise, the customers will not come back.
This is not a good example of irony.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Without resorting to dramatics, I have to agree with Metallurgist. Cryptic seriously underestimated demand, something we said multiple times before closed beta, and multiple times since. I think it would be prudent to add at least two servers, one for our friends in Europe and Africa since they share time zones, and another for the Oceanic crowd. Maintenance times should coincide with ther region's slack time except for content pushes of course.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Here is the real irony... no one in these forums understand that starting an MMO requires a capital investment and a business must secure enought capital to provide customers with the experience they want. Otherwise, the customers will not come back.

It's not my responsibility to provide them capital for a product release. I'm not an investor. If I was, I'd be more peeved at this rollout.

That's the simplified way of teaching you all how business works...
How many MMOs have you been with on Launch Day/Week? I'm going to guess "not many". Either that or you have a *very* selective memory about how MMO Launches go. If you're so eager to quit after only 3 days, well, I honestly don't know what world you live in or what you were expecting....
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Yes, your comment was helpful in retaining me as a customer of Cryptic. Please do chase away as many as your can so there really isn't enough revenue to keep the game going.

THEN we will see who is moaning... me (that decided not to subscribe) or you... the little fanboi (or whatever you elite kiddies are calling yourselves nowadays).

Silly dweeb.
I don't think his comment was even remotely trying to get you to stay. You start a thread that's only real purpose is to start a flame war, and then act indignant when what you intended from the start comes to fruition. Its amusing really. Next you'll claim you're not trolling, when point in fact the thread title and your original posts are obvious attempts at. Then eventually you'll stop responding because the flame war will have enough speed to continue without you or the thread gets locked.

Honestly, if you left...no one would care.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
This is not a good example of irony.
Actually it is a good example because the vast majority of trekkies are middle age or older.

You'd expect folks of those age brackets to understand business and not act like kids in their replies.

It's very ironic that Star Trek has apparently brought out the worst in you all when Gene had a much different perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
Without resorting to dramatics, I have to agree with Metallurgist. Cryptic seriously underestimated demand, something we said multiple times before closed beta, and multiple times since. I think it would be prudent to add at least two servers, one for our friends in Europe and Africa since they share time zones, and another for the Oceanic crowd. Maintenance times should coincide with ther region's slack time except for content pushes of course.
QFE.

Also, refer to the developer's statement on 1/16 about the miscalculated needs based off information gathered from multiple sources.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossinator
Hm. Interesting. Am I seeing RAGEQUIT posts already?!
Amazing isn't it. Never seen those before.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Actually it is a good example because the vast majority of trekkies are middle age or older.

You'd expect folks of those age brackets to understand business and not act like kids in their replies.

It's very ironic that Star Trek has apparently brought out the worst in you all when Gene had a much different perspective.
Star Trek isn't an IP, it's a religion. You might as well be posting on a Scientology forum for all the reason you can expect to encounter.