Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
Without resorting to dramatics, I have to agree with Metallurgist. Cryptic seriously underestimated demand, something we said multiple times before closed beta, and multiple times since. I think it would be prudent to add at least two servers, one for our friends in Europe and Africa since they share time zones, and another for the Oceanic crowd. Maintenance times should coincide with ther region's slack time except for content pushes of course.
So then... we are all in agreement and this could have bad repurcussions on the future of this MMO. Good, glad to hear you agree with my original thesis.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt
Let me help you by restating it... you must have missed the first line...

"A loss of revenue or at best delayed revenue."
Yeah, you're right... the Beatles totally bombed because they weren't able to manufacture enough copies of "Meet the Beatles" to meet the demand for the album. It's so sad. They could have been HUGE! I mean, they could have completely revolutionized the music industry. That whole thing about a guitar player, a bass player, a singer, and a drummer making up a band... It could've really been something. Too bad they couldn't meet consumer demand for their biggest album ever.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt
Actually it is a good example because the vast majority of trekkies are middle age or older.

You'd expect folks of those age brackets to understand business and not act like kids in their replies.

It's very ironic that Star Trek has apparently brought out the worst in you all when Gene had a much different perspective.
And yet here we are, two supposed middle-aged people arguing over the use of irony as a literary term.
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocdoglol
Star Trek isn't an IP, it's a religion. You might as well be posting on a Scientology forum for all the reason you can expect to encounter.
ROTFLMAO... Thanks... good analogy and you brought a little humor to my frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 25
btw, server is back.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocdoglol
Star Trek isn't an IP, it's a religion. You might as well be posting on a Scientology forum for all the reason you can expect to encounter.
That needs to be the next MMO! Xenu Online.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
And yet here we are, two supposed middle-aged people arguing over the use of irony as a literary term.
Ah but isn't it refreshing to at least have a valid debate instead of all the egg tossing that usually happens in these forums.

Want to debate Obamacare now? LOL
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
In all honesty the servers are performing far better than I expected. There have been only a couple of small patches, and far less periods of downtime, with far shorter durations than I have experienced in other MMO launches. Is any unexpected downtime frustrating? Of course it is. Things will smooth out over the next few days, people just have to learn to be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
How many MMOs have you been with on Launch Day/Week? I'm going to guess "not many". Either that or you have a *very* selective memory about how MMO Launches go. If you're so eager to quit after only 3 days, well, I honestly don't know what world you live in or what you were expecting....
World of ******** launched 6 years ago in 2004. Prior to the launch of WoW MMORPGS were not mainstream, they did not have large audiences. Blizzard did not know at the time that they would be bringing an entire genre of game to the public.

So what you're telling me is that in the 6 years since 2004 the industry hardware and software has not evolved at all. And that despite the constant releases and metrics that are tracked by developers, the developers still do not understand that people are playing MMORPGS.

I don't think I'm the one with selective memory here.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
btw, server is back.
THE CAKE IS A LIE!