Rihannsu
# 1 Piercing Teyrton Weapons? WTF?
05-11-2013, 01:34 AM
since Nimbus is really part of the romulan story, even though it is accesible by all factions, what the heck is up with awarding tetryon weapons, especially considering that the piercing ground weapons are plasma. I think they should be changed to plasma weapons, it would be nice to get a more unique plasma setup for our romulan ships.
Captain
# 2
05-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Well, Romulans do get special plasma torpedos and caustic plasma weapons as mission rewards. There's also the Polarized Disruptors that have the plasma proc.

Shield piercing makes more sense as being in the domain of Tetryon. My only disappointment is that they only come in the non-heavy dual cannon variety(and you no longer get a broader selection to choose from).
Captain
# 3
05-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Yeah, hopefully they put the Piercing Turrets back.
Captain
# 4
05-11-2013, 02:30 AM
We even had a radiant plasma torpedo do miss that big green torpedo!
Rihannsu
# 5
05-11-2013, 03:33 AM
I completely forgot about the radiant plasma torpedo. We definately need that back.
Captain
# 6
05-11-2013, 03:54 AM
Radiant was so pretty... much prettier then the Arrrgh-peng.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 7
05-11-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyssessolo16 View Post
I completely forgot about the radiant plasma torpedo. We definately need that back.
They should introduce a full spectrum of colours based on those torpedos. Then we can have pretty torpedo rainbows!
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
They should introduce a full spectrum of colours based on those torpedos. Then we can have pretty torpedo rainbows!
I agree i liked the green photon topredo like torp, the one we got as mission reward. Iirc it was a Mk 6 rare. Hope we will get a mk 12 very rare version of it also. I would use it just for the look of it.
Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
TheWiseGuys
Captain
# 9
05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
On the bright side someone somewhere might start using tetryons and it might even be slightly useful!

Actually I can see a beam boat using 6-8 of these beams with DEM3 (preferably a lil bit more powerful) being a little bit better....though I think plasma fires will probably still do more damage than the direct hull damage from them all. We'll have to see.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
05-11-2013, 03:37 PM
* Piercing Tetryon weaponry was originally designed for an earlier revision of the Nimbus stories, where Hirogen played a larger role in the story. When the plot was revised, the weapons stayed cuz we thought they were neat-o. Also, they're an effective weapon against Elachi due to their strong shields.

* The turret can be obtained on replay. The items will also scale on replay, up to Mk XI max.

* We have been keeping an eye on the proc on Piercing Tetryon, as it may prove to be a bit too effective. It's intended to be on-par with general procs of other weapons (Tetryon shield drain or Polaron energy drain, for example). If it proves to outshine those by too far a margin, I expect we'll have to adjust it.

* As I posted in another thread, the Radiant Plasma Torpedo is likely gone for good.

* The "green photon torpedo" (Bio-Molecular Torpedo) can be obtained in higher Mk versions by replaying the mission that rewards it. Up to Mk XI.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...