Lt. Commander
After spending minutes and minutes of watching loading screens i had enough. I fixed my 1 + minute load times to 4-10 seconds. And man was it the best upgrade i could ever have bought. If you have $200 bucks for a upgrade and plan on playing this game for awhile i highly suggjest this. Im sure in a week it will save you over a hour in loading time. A load time from starbase to ship is about 3 seconds. Here is the link good luck.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
actually lol i have a basic setup an my load times are pretty awesome i think your missing the point. load times are also server end, which i think most people are complaining about
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:12 PM
smells like SCAM
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Many of the long load times are cause by server response issues. they have had endless problems with the Server Syncing with clients properly (remember space man / ground ship week?). You most likely just got a zippy SSD, but will still suffer the same load issues during heavy traffic and peak times. Sorry, and hope I'm wrong, but don't think so.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doset
actually lol i have a basic setup an my load times are pretty awesome i think your missing the point. load times are also server end, which i think most people are complaining about
Some are server end waiting on server to respond. But 70% is the amount of data they force you to load each time. It was about 500% faster with this upgrade. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
If your running vista with enough memeory, your ending up superfetching alot of the game in RAM anyway. Not to mention with a half decent newer PC, the hard drives are fast enough.

It might help a older PC on XP, but it wont make much of a dent on newer systems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashie
If your running vista with enough memeory, your ending up superfetching alot of the game in RAM anyway. Not to mention with a half decent newer PC, the hard drives are fast enough.

It might help a older PC on XP, but it wont make much of a dent on newer systems.
Im glad you know everything. 8 seconds to over a minute. I had a 7200 rpm drive on Sata and yes it did make a major differance. Im guess you are just that guessing since i know you dont have a SDD drive. Peace
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
It's an AD. Moderator should ban this guy.
Closed Thread