Captain
# 11
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
This video alone tells me it was a setup with the JFK deal. Too my bad apples in the bunch, and the sad part is some of them apples are still around today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY02Qkuc_f8
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-27-2013, 12:09 PM
...I admit, with how political this is...it can't end well.

Rihannsu
# 13
11-27-2013, 01:17 PM
the most out-there, but still somewhat plausible conspiracy theory I've heard for JFK, was that the VP's wife had him whacked. Sounds crazy right? But.... She DID have strong ties to the mafia.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Speaking seriously, there's a recent episode of NOVA from PBS that basically confirms the Warren report on the JFK assassination using modern forensics. (I love PBS.)
I can't get the video to load, but I don't think it's the same show anyway. Some show a few years back recreated the shot, down to some pretty gruesome detail, using human bones in ballistic gel set up in the same configuration as the people in the car, lined up down to the inch with a matching window. After a couple attempts, the shooter recreated the shot right down to the weird slot-shaped wound in the governor's thigh.

Quote:
Where would Oswald get such a special round?
A good chunk of your questions are irrelevant or can be answered with some googling, but this one just made me go "Huh?." 6.5mm fmj isn't typical, but it's not exactly unheard of. It used to be easier to come by than it is now, particularly in that exact style (most guns can't safely fire a bullet that goes full diameter so close to the tip, but it's still out there and you can still buy it.

It's not like Booth had the only Carcarno rifle in the world.
Career Officer
# 15
11-27-2013, 03:15 PM
You miss my point by thinking literally... I meant the 6.5 compared to the other round that could not have been fired form his rifle. And which questions are irrelevant? You can't just be in a discussion and say that without giving proof. And google is not proof.
Career Officer
# 16
11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
My brother was doing an internship with the Dallas County DA's office this summer and he spoke with the coroner who was on duty at the time JFK was shot. The coroner said that even though the law required the coroner of the locality the crime occurred in to perform the autopsy, the secret service pretty much took Kennedy's body at gunpoint.

Apparently a lot of the supposed irregularities were a result of a botched autopsy performed by an inexperienced doctor in DC who had never done an autopsy before instead of a skilled coroner. There was no coverup in the autopsy, just shoddy work that made it look suspicious.
if there was a botched take over of the body then it can very well hide the real cause. which means your point is irreverent the same with the one in the previous quote as both cases require an unaltered JFK body and no false documents to prove the point and since he has been buried for half a century you won't get any further. the is why i don't believe that BS story about LHO shooting JFK.

why don't i bring my own proof? how can i bring which is mostly from circumstantial 3rd hand reports and eye witness statements which are known to be unreliable and made up lab reports that perport to show how JFK died this or that way? it's a black hole and until someone can shine a light into it and find the ground this will keep spinning the theory around.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Career Officer
# 17
11-27-2013, 03:38 PM
My apologies to everyone reading this thread. I didn't know it was going to turn into an airing of JFK theories. Sorry.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 18
11-27-2013, 03:45 PM
HEHE well it was going to turn that way sooner or later.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
11-27-2013, 04:22 PM
Everyone knows it was The Comedian on the grassy knoll, anyway.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Rihannsu
# 20
11-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Everyone knows it was The Comedian on the grassy knoll, anyway.
I thought The Comedian was aiming for the VP?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.