Captain
EDIT: Could I get a mod to change the title to "Suggestion:Ship part visual unlock." The thread would get more attention if people new what the lobi request actually is without coming into the thread.

I would like to propose the idea of buying a "set visual device" that allows you to "wear" a ship set in place of the currently equipped set.

For example, I have the full assimilated set equipped, I buy and equip the an "aegis visual device" and now it appears I have the aegis looks. But I have the assimilated stats and bonuses .

Simple rules could be...

Only one of these devices may be equipped at a time.

The items effects will overwrite current visuals

You would need to acquire the set, in order to buy the device (people spending more dil, so perhaps more zen as well)

So, community? What do you think...enough support could get this implemented.

Thread Title Changed as Requested - Tobar26th
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree

Last edited by tobar26th; 01-04-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Commander
# 2
11-27-2013, 11:21 AM
It would be a cool idea.

I use different sets on each toon, but do like the look of other sets.

Plus it would screw with the PvP people lol.

Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
Captain
# 3
11-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Idea sounds solid.
Career Officer
# 4
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Technically, you can wear different ship "costumes" if you pay the requisite amount of GPL rather than lobi. But those are actual ships rather than costume variants.

My big question to you would be: where/how would you equip these items on your ship? If not, then that's some inventory space you'd have to set aside, and we all know there's a large potential for inventory-upkeep problems right now.
The Spice Must Flow...
Captain
# 5
11-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spessmehreen View Post
Technically, you can wear different ship "costumes" if you pay the requisite amount of GPL rather than lobi. But those are actual ships rather than costume variants.

My big question to you would be: where/how would you equip these items on your ship? If not, then that's some inventory space you'd have to set aside, and we all know there's a large potential for inventory-upkeep problems right now.
The idea was for a device slot

Captain
# 6
11-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Id open a few lockboxes for this.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 7
11-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't some other MMOs do this as a matter of course, no special purchase required?
Career Officer
# 8
11-27-2013, 01:07 PM
I don't want this to be a Lobi store purchase, but...

Obtaining any set (Breen, MACO, Jem'Hadar, etc, etc) should allow you to unlock the shield's visual as a material in the tailor. As a purchase, or a rep unlock, whatever.
Captain
# 9
11-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I don't want this to be a Lobi store purchase, but...

Obtaining any set (Breen, MACO, Jem'Hadar, etc, etc) should allow you to unlock the shield's visual as a material in the tailor. As a purchase, or a rep unlock, whatever.
I suggested this idea about a month ago. Community didn't seem to interested. Of course is would live to see them add this as a feature, instead of bought item.

I feel that this capability would be something the lobi consortium would be able to sell. Plus it has potential to produce revenue for cryptic thus, getting their attention. Perhaps.

Hopefully more people show support. I hardly see aegis visuals anymore and as more sets come in. More sets will be forgotten.

Captain
# 10
11-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
I suggested this idea about a month ago. Community didn't seem to interested. Of course is would live to see them add this as a feature, instead of bought item.

I feel that this capability would be something the lobi consortium would be able to sell. Plus it has potential to produce revenue for cryptic thus, getting their attention. Perhaps.

Hopefully more people show support. I hardly see aegis visuals anymore and as more sets come in. More sets will be forgotten.
I am far mor interested in getting a set, and then being able to use it as a "Skin" in the ship tailor.

I really like the visual effects of certain sets, but i don't want to use gear fro a ship that isnt optimal for my builds.

I would like options for changing Deflector, Nacelles, and Shields using sets i have without having to actually use the set. Rocking out say, M.A.C.O. shields and deflector with Breen engine visuals.

And i believe i commented on the last months post, but i miss a few here and there.

As for it being a Lobi device i have to say no, A zen unlock yes. Pay [blank] amount of Zen to unlock set visuals in the tailor. Simply add to the advanced tab, under that tab it lists all the sets piece by piece and you can mix and match. As you obtain a set it unlocks in the tailor.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!