Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
I can't help thinking that they're going to **** away alot off the value of the license by expecting everyone to understand the difficulties of an MMO game. I hope they can turn it around by the proper release but it's not looking good.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
******CPT GEEKFEST.
"Um, release is February 2nd. It's not released. Unless you live in the future, in which case can you post the Lottery numbers for Wednesday?"****

you are mistaken. its in head start. thats released to the preorder people. EVERYONE who preordered. so we can get a perk for ordering ahead. a reward so to speak.

so yes..it is.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortichi View Post
******CPT GEEKFEST.
"Um, release is February 2nd. It's not released. Unless you live in the future, in which case can you post the Lottery numbers for Wednesday?"****

you are mistaken. its in head start. thats released to the preorder people. EVERYONE who preordered. so we can get a perk for ordering ahead. a reward so to speak.

so yes..it is.
Headstart does not equal released. Released is RSD (Retail Sell Date). That is February 2nd. Again, please post lottery numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Headstart is a release. Not beta. The beta has ended.

The point of the head start was to give us something to play to get a headstart. Not to help the devs figure out queue management or server capacity. Otherwise they should have called it extended beta playtime.

It's obvious that this wasn't ready for release yet.
Lt. Commander
# 15 know the feeling
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
i posted something liek this last night and got flamed for it. screw em let em keep flaming and wasting their time a game on its head start should not crash every hour lol im sure they are working to fix it but it should have been resolved during beta.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. GeekFist
Headstart does not equal released. Released is RSD (Retail Sell Date). That is February 2nd. Again, please post lottery numbers.
wow. you are confrontational aren't you? according to the DEV post..."the beta is over!" so again. you are wrong.

go away now. you aren't adding to this discussion. you are flaming just to be annoying. insulting someone who puts out an honest opinion show that you arent mature enough to even play the game. all your posts like that will be ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Who's wondering what the coddlers and flamers are going to say when we still have issues during the super official february 2nd release spectacular that will magically make the game work because aparently the headstart is not a headstart...

This guy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
PS getting kicked and then having to wait in line to get back on isn't a good sign either...
I have a feeling this launch will be less then smooth.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
I just don't see why Cryptic was stupid enough not to have enough server capacity for all the players. They should have at least 10 times the current server capacity, and should have from the beginning. You don't start with a small server capacity and then start upgrading as you get customers, you start with a big enough server capacity to satisfy your starting customers and then increase later as you get more and more business.

I feel sorry for those who ordered lifetime subscriptions. They're gonna get ripped off, because with these kinds of server problems, the game will be dead inside a month because people will not tolerate not being able to play. Why should we spend $15 a month (the same that actual MAJOR companies charge, which is laughable because Cryptic is NOT a major company) if we can only play 1/3 of the time?

People won't pay for it and they'll leave the game, simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGoddessLindsey View Post
I just don't see why Cryptic was stupid enough not to have enough server capacity for all the players. They should have at least 10 times the current server capacity, and should have from the beginning. You don't start with a small server capacity and then start upgrading as you get customers, you start with a big enough server capacity to satisfy your starting customers and then increase later as you get more and more business.

I feel sorry for those who ordered lifetime subscriptions. They're gonna get ripped off, because with these kinds of server problems, the game will be dead inside a month because people will not tolerate not being able to play. Why should we spend $15 a month (the same that actual MAJOR companies charge, which is laughable because Cryptic is NOT a major company) if we can only play 1/3 of the time?

People won't pay for it and they'll leave the game, simple as that.
OH NOES! SHE HAS DEFIED CRYPTIC AND THEIR FANCLUB OF FLAMERS!!!!!

FLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAME!!!!

hahahaha
Can't spell FLAME without LAME