Captain
First, the 2-pc plasma conductive circuitry bonus on the singularity harness set says "+7.6% Plasma Damage" and makes no mention of energy weapons vs plasma DOTs or anything else, however it only seems to show up with energy weapons. With energy weapons you can see a change of 2-3% if you remove one of the set items, with torps you see nothing or a trivial amount from the subsystem power buff only. This should be corrected and/or clarified.

edit--strike as incorrect: Second, while poking at the above, it was determined that the plasma damage was getting buffed from partgens. There have been a lot of discussions on this subject and I am pretty certain that the last statement from a yellow name was along the lines of weapon DOTs are not exotic and do not get buffed by partgens. Can we get a new statement on this?

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 11-28-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Captain
# 2
11-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Second, while poking at the above, it was determined that the plasma damage was getting buffed from partgens. There have been a lot of discussions on this subject and I am pretty certain that the last statement from a yellow name was along the lines of weapon DOTs are not exotic and do not get buffed by partgens. Can we get a new statement on this?
It was the other way around actually, Plasma damage consoles were buffing Eject Warp Plasma, which is supposed to be buffed via Particle Generators and the [+Pla] mod on science consoles. Unfortunately, Tactical consoles were also buffing Eject Warp Plasma. Thus, ships with 3-4 Tactical console slots and 3-4 Science console slots could get Eject Warp Plasma to 2-3k damage per tick.

The last time I looked, Particle Generators was not buffing Plasma Torpedo/Plasma Energy Weapon DoT procs. Are you certain the Particle Generator console you tested didn't have a [+Pla] mod? Those Particle Generator consoles are supposed to buff all plasma damage dealing abilities.
Captain
# 3
11-28-2013, 01:35 AM
It's 7.6% base damage...so you'll not see an increase of 7.6% damage, but rather a smaller percentage.

There are some posts out there break down what each thing that boosts something Plasma related does and does not boost...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Commander
# 4
11-28-2013, 01:53 AM
For set piece bonuses. If it says it boosts plasma damage it'll boost beams and cannons. If it says torps or mines it'll boost those. So from that set bonus you will not see an increase in torpedo or mine damage nor their dots. They do kinetic damage btw. The dots however you would think would be increased. This is not the case though. If you eqip a ambiplasma envelope console that increases plasma torpedo damage. This will increase the kinetic damage and the plasma dot. If you use a warhead yield chamber this will increase the plasma torps kinetic damage but not the plasma dot. The only exception seems to be the embassy sci plasma infusers. This will increase the plasma torpedo's dot. But it is a special dot console so i guess this makes a bit of sense.

Last edited by dragonsbite; 11-28-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Captain
# 5
11-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's 7.6% base damage...so you'll not see an increase of 7.6% damage, but rather a smaller percentage.
Yep 7.5% additional base damage ends up as 1-3% of final damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
The last time I looked, Particle Generators was not buffing Plasma Torpedo/Plasma Energy Weapon DoT procs. Are you certain the Particle Generator console you tested didn't have a [+Pla] mod? Those Particle Generator consoles are supposed to buff all plasma damage dealing abilities.
Okay somebody made a mistake. I was relying on the other party reading numbers but when I went to confirm just now with a +30% partgen console I was not seeing any buff to any plasma weapon damage. No idea what the other guy was looking at. Sorry for the bad report and confusion.

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 11-28-2013 at 07:07 AM.