Lt. Commander
I understand an MMO launch is a rocky thing, and to some extent can understand some of this downtime, but right now, its getting a bit ridiculous.

If the issue is caused by overwhemling population/etc, tell us rough population numbers. I'd be a lot happier during downtime if I knew it was to boost server cap from 250k to 300k users, some sort of hard, tangible facs to quantify the downtime.

Now, if it's not overpopulation thats causing the issues, just delay launch a week now. If its just the server acting up for unknown reasons, the product isn't stable enough for retail. Either way, this needs to be communicated to the playerbase and not just say "Maintainence"

How do you quell a seething playerbase: Actual Details/Facts/Information about the current stuation at hand.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanis
I understand an MMO launch is a rocky thing, and to some extent can understand some of this downtime, but right now, its getting a bit ridiculous.

If the issue is caused by overwhemling population/etc, tell us rough population numbers. I'd be a lot happier during downtime if I knew it was to boost server cap from 250k to 300k users, some sort of hard, tangible facs to quantify the downtime.

Now, if it's not overpopulation thats causing the issues, just delay launch a week now. If its just the server acting up for unknown reasons, the product isn't stable enough for retail. Either way, this needs to be communicated to the playerbase and not just say "Maintainence"

How do you quell a seething playerbase: Actual Details/Facts/Information about the current stuation at hand.
Yes Cryptic...PLEASE learn something from SOE!!!! A word, explanation, anything?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Unfortunatly, telling the truth is never a good things from a devs point of view. Using a vauge "server down for unexpected errors" is alot easier to pass off over something like " Well, we have no idea what the problem is this time. Nor did we know last time".
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Aye, its probably easier to get the truth from a politician...

At least we have the queue now, but still more details. It doesn't have to be uber-specific, but give us the broader layman's terms for the trouble than just saying "unexpected maintainence"