Lt. Commander
Hey everyone - I have two questions for anyone who can answer. First, is there a place to look up location names and find their location on the map? I don't mean systems but actual planets, etc., like Memory Alpha and Starbase (insert number here)? Secondly, is there a better way to earn energy points rather then having to sell my acquired items to my replicator or a merchant at a significant loss? They both really don't give you what those items are worth.

Thanks, y'all!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbre View Post
Hey everyone - I have two questions for anyone who can answer. First, is there a place to look up location names and find their location on the map? I don't mean systems but actual planets, etc., like Memory Alpha and Starbase (insert number here)? Secondly, is there a better way to earn energy points rather then having to sell my acquired items to my replicator or a merchant at a significant loss? They both really don't give you what those items are worth.

Thanks, y'all!
In specific to the bit about replicating...

They're giving you exactly what the item is worth - to them. The listed value is somewhat misleaidng in that it's what the item would go for if you were buying it from an NPC, instead of selling it to one. In other words, it's what the game is determining as the 'base' value, with individual merchants giving you a portion of that (your ship Replicator will always give you the worst prices, and depending on who you sell what to, you can get more for certain items then other places... except black market merchants, who somehow have you end up owing THEM instead; That's a joke).

There's also a few galaxy/star maps floating around on the forums. Do a search for them (Washproof has a good one out) and give'em a friendly bump and sticky request.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Thank you for the response. I will keep it in mind not to let my replicator have ANYTHING. Now if I could only find a place to sell a Tribble....... The game really should have a search feature for actual place names - it's the 25th century, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Here's a post on how to move; doesn't exactly answer your question, but it does touch upon it and I don't feel like re-writing it. If it's usefull in anyway, please respond there and bump it. Sadly, it got lost in a sea of spam.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=93901