Lt. Commander
# 1 Playing STO now
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
If I use this site

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/8782/p...nline-Download

To download STO when can I play. I am in the UK.

I understand some people are playing now and it goes live in the US 2morrow.

????????
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:07 AM
if you just got it today.. and they gave you a 'early access/beta key'.. then you can play as soon as you install it (providing the server is actualy up)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Been playing since the head start came online and i bit of the beta before that thats when the server isn't down of course
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope
if you just got it today.. and they gave you a 'early access/beta key'.. then you can play as soon as you install it (providing the server is actualy up)
I havent purchased it yet as I want to be sure that I can just download and jump on. Im not 100% sure I can with this site. Just wanna play the early access. I dont wanna pay/ download and then have to wait till friday otherwise I will just buy a boxed copy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
oooh yea.. well in that case.. Direct 2 drive works like this.... You buy the game from them.. they then take you to a webpage that lists ALL of your games you have purchased from them along with a download link and a 'activation' key.. That key is sometimes needed to 'unlock' the downloaded installer for the game.

with MMO's they usualy e-mail you a CD Key that lets you get into the game pre-lauch (beta's and early access stuff) then.. AFTER the game fully launches, they send you a second e-mail with the 'retail' key. BOTH of these keys 'should' also be listed in the 'game history/list' withen your account on Direct2Drive as well incase the emails either get lost, ate, or just dont show up.