Lt. Commander
I hope so, just spent $100 for two copies (one for my uncle)

thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
/selfbump

refuse to let meh questions get buried!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Unless you went to a store and got the code, no, websites stopped sending them out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
Unless you went to a store and got the code, no, websites stopped sending them out.
srsly? curses! I ordered it from gamestop.com, time to cancel order then....

ill just wait a few months for the price to drop then buy it
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:40 AM
I hope you do get the Connie.

I pre-ordered from Gamestop a week ago just for the Connie. I still haven't got any keys from them. I emailed them a few days ago, and they told me the bonus items were limited and not everyone would get one. I think I'm screwed. They pretty much implied that they were out of keys.

I've be in contact with them ever since trying to cancel my order via email and telephone. They are such a hassle to deal with. My ordered still hasn't been cancelled, so I will most likely have to disputed the credit card charges and stick them with a chargeback.

I did contact our local store, but they said that since I did the digital download version they can't help me. It's through a 3rd party. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

I ended up pre-ordering direct from Atari instead and got my key immediately. No Connie for me I guess.

Gamestop gets no more business from me.

(Sorry, I'm sure some here are tired of hearing my Gamestop story by now. But I am going to spread the word on how bad of a company they are).

But...anyway...I sincerely do hope you get the bonus items.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle View Post

I pre-ordered from Gamestop a week ago just for the Connie. I still haven't got any keys from them. I emailed them a few days ago, and they told me the bonus items were limited and not everyone would get one. I think I'm screwed. They pretty much implied that they were out of keys.

I've be in contact with them ever since trying to cancel my order via email and telephone. They are such a hassle to deal with. My ordered still hasn't been cancelled, so I will most likely have to disputed the credit card charges and stick them with a chargeback.

I ended up pre-ordering direct from Atari instead and got my key immediately. No Connie for me I guess.

(Sorry, I'm sure some here are tired of hearing my Gamestop story by now. But I am going to spread the word on how bad of a company they are).

They didn't do anything wrong...? You pre ordered to late for the Connie.. it sucks, but it's not their fault.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:

wow, sorry you had to go through that trouble, thanks for sharing - I wish I made thread earlier
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:

I did contact our local store, but they said that since I did the digital download version they can't help me. It's through a 3rd party. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

I could be wrong--but aren't they the same company as EB games? some company? yes they are bad and last time i give business to my local store. they have no keys. but I"m doing better, calling head office tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM
I walked into a GameStop yesterday, purchased the key, and have been playing ever since.....minus the downtime of course.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
They didn't do anything wrong...? You pre ordered to late for the Connie.. it sucks, but it's not their fault.
I realize it was limited, but they should be able to work with me on canceling the order. That's what's such BS with them. The order still shows pending. No keys have been sent out, and I haven't downloaded anything.

Also, I would expect a company to update their website and state when the limited items are no longer available. It's very misleading. Once they got your money, they won't let go of it.

Edit. OK...I just checked my account with them after posting this. It took them almost 4 days, 3 emails, and 2 phone calls; but it now shows "refunded".

So, I am thankful that someone there finally listened to me.