Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dszydel View Post
I walked into a GameStop yesterday, purchased the key, and have been playing ever since.....minus the downtime of course.
hmmmm im going to call my gamestop right now maybe i can salvage the situation
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 11:48 AM
GameStop is still offering the Connie preorder so you should still get it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dszydel View Post
I walked into a GameStop yesterday, purchased the key, and have been playing ever since.....minus the downtime of course.
yeah thanks a lot, just called my gamestop, they have the codes, called the website canceled the online order now off to the local gamestop to get meh connies

thanks for help mates, sympathies to those unable to fly the constitution
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
AT least you got to play, I bought my pre-order the last day from Best Buy and when i tried to upload the code, it said it had already been used, so no pre-release play at all for me, and I'm not even sure if I get any of the exclusive items.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:29 PM
I did a gamestop preorder just an hour ago. I walked in and did it, they gave me a code on the spot, and I'm patching now. soon as I'm in, I'll post if I got the connie or not.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramhotep View Post
AT least you got to play, I bought my pre-order the last day from Best Buy and when i tried to upload the code, it said it had already been used, so no pre-release play at all for me, and I'm not even sure if I get any of the exclusive items.
yeah, the gamestop manager said to me the code comes in or with the box (?!) and i get it when I pick it up tuesday... and I asked several times to clarify it.... we will see what happens on the second I'm pretty worried though

but the guy gave me two beta keys for the two games i ordered, a lot of good that dose
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandromus View Post
yeah, the gamestop manager said to me the code comes in or with the box (?!) and i get it when I pick it up tuesday... and I asked several times to clarify it.... we will see what happens on the second I'm pretty worried though

but the guy gave me two beta keys for the two games i ordered, a lot of good that dose
Those beta codes are what entitles you to headstart, and in combination with the retail code is what unlocks the Connie.

Using the retail code alone doesn't entitle you to the Connie, iirc. Because if it did, someone who didn't pre-order could just buy a box in a store someday that was left over from pre-orders, redeem the code, and have a Connie, even though they didn't preorder.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
Those beta codes are what entitles you to headstart, and in combination with the retail code is what unlocks the Connie.

Using the retail code alone doesn't entitle you to the Connie, iirc. Because if it did, someone who didn't pre-order could just buy a box in a store someday that was left over from pre-orders, redeem the code, and have a Connie, even though they didn't preorder.
ohhhhhh... sweet! I feel dumb, thanks for smiting my ignorance
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 03:51 PM
hehe before open beta i tryed to preorder from the local Gamestop here in Denmark they have the game to go live marts 31 i told them when it was going out with headstart and all and i dont think they have changed anything yet
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah its been stated that all the Pre-Order bonus items/stuff you don't get til the official Launch date on the 2nd. I'm actually getting the Connie and don't particularly care about it. Think I'd rather have one of the other bonus items but Gamestop is the most convienent for me (won't get a digital download version). Only bonus available in-game currently is the lifetime subscription bonus (Borg as a race selection for players).