Lt. Commander
# 1 Forums cluttered with nonsense
01-31-2010, 12:31 PM
I'd just make a "WHINE" forum section (or with a more politically correct title but I leave it to the PR people) where nerd rage can go while the rest of the forums are about the game like it was intended. Then a moderator can just throw every QQ thread to that section and when they get bored of it they can start banning those that are mentally challenged.

I know it seems unfair that you paid for this thing and get banned from the forums but you know what? I also paid and it starts to get boring that every time there's a downtime and I could discuss game mechanics or whatever I have to go through pages of nonsense.

Everyone is aware of how this is fail and not acceptable, can we please get over it already? The information is canceled out by the noise but that's not all. A part of me dies every time I see a thread about DEL TACO CODES (ffs) in the Starfleet Academy section from people that are either not familiar with the Search function or just thinking in itself, I know it's my problem but well, to bring the same argument, I paid for it too.

Can we at least keep this section clear? I know I contributed to the noise as well but maybe there are like-minded players out there that think it is not going to work like this in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
You could post this thread in that forum. I hope you get your wish!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
You could post this thread in that forum. I hope you get your wish!
I care more about this section, in fact the whine about downtimes and such are fine in the Star Trek Online Discussion section, cause well, it's about STO after all. What makes me wonder is how threads about Del Taco codes or downtime belong in this section, it's funny, I just don't know if I should cry or laugh after it happened so many times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm with you Kisdead. The forums are useless the way they are now with almost every thread being some kind of whine or irrelevant complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
It's going to get worse before it gets better, unfortunately.

Wait until the folks from "live" buy the game and enter their retail code. Then this "noise" will be at least twice as bad.

The good news is that as time goes on, and the game settles down, so will the players.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
Very much in agreement.