Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
I think it would be a good idea to rename energy credits into Starfleet Supply Provisions for Federation characters, and maybe something similar for other factions, because energy credits just seem...wrong. I know the "Energy" before the actualy credits is trying to fix it, but it rather looks like a quick decision prior to release that was supposed to be changed but never way. Anyway, it would really not be that much of Development work, but I think it could be making quit a difference!
Career Officer
# 2
11-28-2013, 12:53 PM
But then people would get those confused with commodities!
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - Unused Romulan Notifications

Captain
# 3
11-28-2013, 12:53 PM
??

Then rename US Dollars into Atlantic Sided Humanity Supplying Privisions or Pacific Sided Humanity Supplying Provisions
Lieutenant
# 4
11-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
??

Then rename US Dollars into Atlantic Sided Humanity Supplying Privisions or Pacific Sided Humanity Supplying Provisions
Except that th? Dollar is the offical US Currency, while there is no Federation money of any kind.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-28-2013, 01:47 PM
The Feds and just about every species that has dealt with the Ferengi at some point in time use gold pressed latinum. There are several references to it through TNG, DS9, and VOY. So the currency the Feds use is GPL.
Lieutenant
# 6
11-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Latinum is used to trade with external species like the Ferengi, but there is no currency in the Federation. That's one of the Main Concepts of Star Trek.
Captain
# 7
11-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Nopelol.com
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Captain
# 8
11-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnaj63 View Post
I think it would be a good idea to rename energy credits into Starfleet Supply Provisions for Federation characters, and maybe something similar for other factions, because energy credits just seem...wrong. I know the "Energy" before the actualy credits is trying to fix it, but it rather looks like a quick decision prior to release that was supposed to be changed but never way. Anyway, it would really not be that much of Development work, but I think it could be making quit a difference!
The use of generic Energy Credits also allows a for one currency to be used across faction lines, including with the Shared Bank, Exchange, and vendors in locations that belong to one faction but are open to the others. Tripling the number of currencies would also make it harder to make purchases of items from the Exchange posted across faction lines and at different vendors. If you mean just a cosmetic change, however:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
---Juliet, Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
I do not like Geko ether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.
Captain
# 9
11-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Latinum is used to trade with external species like the Ferengi, but there is no currency in the Federation. That's one of the Main Concepts of Star Trek.
yea, thats called propaganda.
currency is a tool for facilitating trade. the federation saying they have no currency is the same as them saying they have no trade.

do you think they went back to trading animal pelts for tools? or whatever else they thade with others for on a daily basis.

simple truth is, that currency is denied to the general population, who are.... "provided for", while the admiralty have access to it, in between being solo judge and jury to civilians(as seen is ds9).
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.

Last edited by skollulfr; 11-28-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Captain
# 10
11-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Except that th? Dollar is the offical US Currency, while there is no Federation money of any kind.
Actually, watch TOS, they bought things, on occasion with "credits" at Starbases, such as K-7. So calling a denomination of currency an Energy Credit, is not so far-fetched as you may think.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"