Captain
So it's been stated in a few threads and referenced in countless other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Tetryon Glider is one of the few weapon enhancement effects in the game that does not follow the "one proc per cycle" rule. This enhancement instead fires with every single energy weapon pulse.
Seems clear enough, right?

But saying "one proc per cycle" could mean a multitude of things.

"one proc per cycle" - limited to one proc per target per cycle
"one proc per cycle" - limited to one proc roll per target per cycle
"one proc per cycle" - both of the above

At which point folks will often reference the following link: http://deepspacealliance.blogspot.co...annons-vs.html

Which, imho, is flawed.

You could technically fire for 5 minutes and get 0 procs. You could technically fire for 5 minutes and get one proc for every cycle.

2.5% chance means a 2.5% chance. It doesn't mean 2.5 out of 100 tries. With 100 tries, you could have 2.5...sure, you could also have 0 or you could have 100.

Have to figure that the "one proc per cycle" definitely includes the one proc per target per cycle...cause the fix for the multiple proc with FAW's over on Tribble.

Is it also just one proc roll though?

We know that the proc doesn't always happen on the first shot of a cycle, but it has been suggested that there are multiple rolls. Proc Roll and which Shot Procs Roll. Course, well...that's problematic, no?

Say you've got a 4/3 weapon, eh? Proc is decided with the first shot and assigned to the third shot. What if the third shot doesn't hit? Either it misses or the target is simply no longer in the arc at that point? Lost proc that should have been, eh? Fun stuff...

Then there was this thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=877021

...with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We have honestly considered incorporating proc chance improvements into the game at many times in the past: As weapon/console mods, as Traits, as set bonuses, etc.

Each time we investigate, we find that the amount of time involved in supporting such a feature makes it a prohibitive undertaking. To put it simply: Far too much data has to be changed/updated to support the modifier in a meaningful manner.

It's not off the table. We like the idea. It's just a matter of time.
It's one of the threads where clarification was asked, mind you. But with it possibly being one of the things on one of the whiteboards, even if it's currently in a storage closet for the moment - it would be nifty to have that clarification.

Hey, it could be just me...I'm the only one confused...so be it. Would still be nifty to get some clarification on it.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 2
11-28-2013, 06:44 PM
What if a weapon has 2 procs ?
Do the 2 procs alternate with each cycle ?
Phased Plaron DHC
Cycle 1: 2.5% chance to disable a subsystem for 5 secs
Cycle 2: 2.5% chance to drain subsystem by 25

Or... does each cycle from a Phased DHC contain both procs/per cycle...giving you a 5% chance to proc one or the other ?
Captain
# 3
11-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor1701d View Post
What if a weapon has 2 procs ?
Do the 2 procs alternate with each cycle ?
Phased Plaron DHC
Cycle 1: 2.5% chance to disable a subsystem for 5 secs
Cycle 2: 2.5% chance to drain subsystem by 25

Or... does each cycle from a Phased DHC contain both procs/per cycle...giving you a 5% chance to proc one or the other ?
Heh, there is a question regarding the dual procs that I've never gotten an answer on...

Regarding what you've got there, both are applied at the same time. There's no Phaser proc without Polaron proc nor Polaron proc without Phaser proc...

So the question I've asked is:

1) 2x 2.5% rolls, one for each proc for both procs to apply?
2) 1x 2.5% roll, one for both procs to apply?
Captain
# 4
11-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Hmmm hadn't noticed about the both procing thing, wonder which dual energy type would be the most annoying for this...
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 5
11-29-2013, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Hmmm hadn't noticed about the both procing thing, wonder which dual energy type would be the most annoying for this...
Yeah, I was surprised back when I saw that. I was testing for Disruptor proc stacking running various flavors...and...tada. It's when I first asked about it...hrmm, let me see if I can find that.

Yeah, that was in the days leading up to the change to Disruptor procs back on July 25th. The following was from a thread discussing Disruptor proc uptime...heh, the proc thing is such a fun discussion, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The thing with saying maximum uptime - well, the planets might align - you might have constant procs to facilitate 100% uptime. Likewise, the minimum uptime would be not a single proc to save your life taking place for 0% uptime. It's more about probable uptime, no? The probability of maintaining a certain level of uptime, eh?

For example, I was trying to test something else when I noticed the following while doing Empire Defense - Federation (each was vs. 2 Battleships, 2 Cruisers, and 4 Frigates (Light Cruisers)):

2x Nanite Disruptor Beam Arrays
0 Disruptor Procs
3 Nanite Cloud Procs

2x Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor Beam Arrays
7 Disruptor Procs
7 Plasma Procs

(they were all dual procs - both Disruptor and Plasma at the same time for each of the 7 times)

1x Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor Beam Array & 1x Polarized Disruptor Beam Array
6 Disruptor Procs
2 Plasma Procs
4 Polaron Procs

(again, dual procs - either both Pla-Dis or Pol-Dis)

2x Nanite Disruptor Beam Arrays, 1 Polarized Disruptor Beam Array, & 3x Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor Beam Arrays
2 Disruptor Procs
Nanite Cloud Procs
1 Plasma Procs
1 Polaron Procs

(again, dual procs - one Pla-Dis and one Pol-Dis)

The Feds obviously pop too fast to get anywhere with six arrays...so I'm going to try that one again against the Cardassians.

2x Nanite Disruptor Beam Arrays, 1 Polarized Disruptor Beam Array, & 3x Hybrid Plasma-Disruptor Beam Arrays
3 Disruptor Procs
1 Nanite Cloud Procs
2 Plasma Procs
1 Polaron Procs

(again, dual procs...for the Pla-Dis and Pol-Dis)

This was against 2 Keldon, 1 Galor, 1 JHEC, and 4 JHAs.

So uh, yeah...the Nanite thing started to concern me...so I decided to do another test with a friend (er - yeah - a friend). It's probably the test I should have just done in the first place...meh. I let the one guy fire at the other guy for 20 minutes (I needed a smoke or it would have been longer.)

So...firing those six arrays at somebody, I discovered a few things:

1) The Nanite Disruptors do apply a Disruptor proc. But like the Pla-Dis and Pol-Dis, it's a dual proc. Only unlike the Pla-Dis and Pol-Dis, the Nan-Dis only shows a single debuff. This brings up the question of how the proc rolls are handled then, eh?

Is it one 2.5% roll to determine if both are applied or is it two 2.5% rolls to determine if both are applied. Either way there's an issue, but if it's two rolls to apply both, then they will have a higher probability of applying the proc than a non-hybrid.

2) The Nan-Dis Disruptor proc is not "broken" like the Dis, Pla-Dis, and Pol-Dis procs are - there's no "double proc" issue going on.

3) The Nan-Dis and Pla-Dis or Pol-Dis can stack. The debuff from the Nan-Dis and the two debuffs from the Pla-Dis or Pol-Dis will show and the damage resistance will reflect this.

4) All three Disruptor procs can stack - this is visible by viewing the damage resistance dropping, but only two debuffs (well, three) will show. You will only see the Nan-Dis and Pla-Dis or Pol-Dis, but never the Nan-Dis, Pla-Dis, and Pol-Dis.

Nan-Dis drops DR to ~25%
Pla-Dis drops DR to ~7%
Pol-Dis drops DR to ~6%
Nan-Dis + Pla-Dis or Pol-Dis and it's ~1-2%
All three? -10%

edit: Meh, I actually stopped to read the Nanite Disruptor description - it's one proc to do both - so that's fine. It's still going to be an issue on the rolls for the Pla-Dis and Pol-Dis and how they affect uptime if they're not also a single roll.
Course, after that patch on the 25th of July...testing showed they no longer stacked. I asked about that...not sure if that was ever changed back to allow stacking or not. I moved on from testing that to other things. It was also around the time period where Cryptic did something on their end that did two things: 1) fixed my desync with TIF issue (awesome!) 2) made it almost unbearable to run the second account for testing

Oh well...