Lt. Commander
# 1 Hold needs to be changed
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Hold is OP right now with people spamming it and you do not resist, it needs to have a deminishing return on it, once they start chaining it on you its game over, you have no options to even defnd yourself from it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I can't believe game designers still think stuns and holds are fun in games, especially competitive ones. "I know what will be great, let's give players the ability to stop the other guy from playing, yay!" I was once stunlocked by someone who did very little damage for over a minute before he killed me. That totally turned me off ground PvP, and I rarely play it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah Ground PvP is pretty much just getting hold spam over and over. Boring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 04:37 PM
The entirety of ground pvp now is "spam hold", then "spam palm strike" until expose.

From the moment an enemy sees me, I spend the remainder of my time held with feebs dancing around me waiting for an expose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Yet another thing brought up in beta that wasnt fixed or looked into..... man iam so glad i have a lifetime sub
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The entirety of ground pvp now is "spam hold", then "spam palm strike" until expose.

From the moment an enemy sees me, I spend the remainder of my time held with feebs dancing around me waiting for an expose.
Indeed. Change it to simply knockback/down, and remove the expose... and make all holds break on damage....
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:24 PM
The problem seems to be that different types of holds over ride the immunity. ie 2 x same hold won't apply twice within the timer, but use a different hold each time will chain. Plus the various stuns which are as good as.

There's too much mez in general tbh, skills designed for it fine but having every little thing be able to disable the target is just silly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Im currently wondering how the system works. It appears each person can be knockedback for example once from each person every 10 or so seconds. This means if you have a ground pvp match with everyone doing melee you have no chance of moving.

That being said I currently have a Klingon I use for melee pvp and for some reason im still being bounced around like a ping pong ball even though I have all the buffs against it. How can I check my traits are indeed working? Because right now it doesnt feel like im +40% resistant to root and the like...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think the % is a % chance to not be held, rooted etc but rather a resistance as in they'll last a % less.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine

And you get to rise and repeat 40 times... Fun!