Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaviian View Post
And yes WoW does have server queues from time to time..but it also has 50+ servers ( realms ) to choose from and you have the option of choosing a low/medium pop server to make sure you don't get queued. Not trying to compare this to another MMO but I see people often saying " WoW used to have this so it's ok "
This is true. However on each WoW server I THINK they have a better queue system, where if you got kicked you could get back in if you logged in straight after.

I could be wrong, but I never suffered from queues while playing WoW, and I played on one of the bigger servers, and I'm pretty sure that's how Blizzard manage their queues.
Lt. Commander
# 32 ok
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
so im flying around happy as can be, boom disconnect, hang in the cue for 10 minutes get in and i fly 1 LY and boom disconnect, i guess its back to hang in the cue again ^^
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut
Has Anybody Moved Att All... Im Still At 127 For About 15 Mins
Actually, this looks bad. I'm haven't moved either and the queue keeps growing. Maybe the login server's having another stroke :p
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
I was spot 94/1kish..

Took 15min to get in..
The queue screen dose not ajust for people getting it, you'll be at 120/xxxx until you number gets called without a proper number of how many are ahead of you.
Lt. Commander
# 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie_Vrex
I'm puzzled by responses like this one. There should be no "please wait so you don't break the login server"-queue. If many players attempting to connect to the login server at the same time causes a problem, it is _this_ problem that needs to be addressed. Not bypassing it by creating an unnecessary diversion.
I agree with you 100% , the company should know how many accounts exists, how many " headstart " codes were given out and make sure you plan accordingly to accomdate those numbers at the minimum. No to mention all the extra accounts to be made release day.
Lt. Commander
# 36
Seems they need more and bigger servers.. Guess they can take some of the spare servers from CO and turn them into STO, since the number of CO players have dropped overdramaticly.

Unless ofcause they are testing the queue system?
Lt. Commander
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn5774 View Post
Has anyone's actual position in said queue moved at all? I've been sitting at 396 for about 10 minutes now.. Only the number behind me gets bigger.
I think their queue us actually a quantum sigularity into which all login requests are going, and all the number behind us means is the total number of people which have been sucked in.

No word on this from the Craptastic™ community managers either. Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I agreed with the 1 server nonsence...

**** started out getting bogged down with HUGE queues and they had multiple servers. ALSO Star Trek has a much bigger fan base than ****.

Address the issue before launch Cryptic, this does not make us feel confident at all

ooooooo, I just moved up 1 spot in queue in the last 20 min
Lt. Commander
# 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
This is true. However on each WoW server I THINK they have a better queue system, where if you got kicked you could get back in if you logged in straight after.

I could be wrong, but I never suffered from queues while playing WoW, and I played on one of the bigger servers, and I'm pretty sure that's how Blizzard manage their queues.
I have had queues on full or high pop realms on Sat Nights for example but it's very very rare but it does happen. Usually clears up in 5mins..and it gives you an estimated time....

When I was booted I was 283 out of 283...now I'm 582 out of 986.....how can I be loosing ground.
Lt. Commander
# 40
im going to throw a ball in the air and guess they are trying to solve server related issues but when will they learn spend 5 mins posting a sorry but this needs to be done to get it fixed topic became such a hardship and help us fiqure what you are doing

there is now 941 players no sorry 965 people waiting to play no sorry 991 peeps will be 1k before i finish typing