Lt. Commander
# 1 In game V.O.I.P. / Mic
01-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Will there be at some point in game V.O.I.P. (Voice over Internet Protocol) or are we going to have to type in battles
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
There are plenty of third party programs that will accomplish this for you. Teamspeak and Ventrillo being two of the most popular.

With the difficulty of keeping up servers at the moment, I do not want them being tied up with any additional demand, such as voice chat.

Quasi answer from the Dark Side!!!

Kelvinich
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I understand where your coming from with the servers being as they are it's a new game but my Question is more about when you join an open insten on a mission ore in a defend the sector am just saying with there be one now am not saying in the next month or 2 but will one be available
teamspeak and ventrilo are good for outside voice for palyer that have set up fleet but with this game just coming out i dont plan to join one just yet
Lt. Commander
# 4 voice chat
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree voice chat is sorely needed in this game...It would make play,especially instanced play much better
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer499
I agree voice chat is sorely needed in this game...It would make play,especially instanced play much better
Uh.. i cannot even begin to address the hardware/software nightmare of hurdles that have to be jumped in order for something like this idea to function.. not to mention the obvious meaty slice it would take out of their profits to somehow plug this into the game without changing the monthly fee

I agree. this game needs it .. .aaaaand i double doubt it will ever be implemented