Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
frankly it's pathetic.

ive spend most of my weekend getting kicked off, attempting to log in, ketting kicked off again, doing missions and them not registering, then getting kicked off THEN PUT IN A QUEUE?! WHAT IS WITH THAT!?

PATHETIC

and also some of us have paid already, because we have lifetime subscriptions, which i am seriously regretting because this game is a pile of steaming feaces.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
How do you underestimate the popularity of freaking Star Trek, a franchise that's gone over half a century based ENTIRELY ON THE FANS, who've put up with garbage like Voyager and Insurrection and still won't see it die.

Cryptic dropped the ball. Again. They had ample warning in beta that many people were interested even if they somehow didn't realise Star Trek would draw in many.
THis game will die the horrible death that many other star trek games have done in the past.

Maybe at least it can go out with its eyes wide open. Honorable
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
Anyone would think you people are new to MMOs, every MMO has had this problem on Launch, as far as I can remember.
I'm not new to MMOs. I fully expected this game to be loaded with bugs, errors, and crashes. I didn't, however expect login queues. Partly because I've never seen or heard of one before. I was a little naive((I think thats spelled right...)), but I couldn't have been expecting something I'd never imagined before could I?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:27 PM
and this is just the headstart xD
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylatron
I'm waiting in line, but I fully expect it.

They SHOULD have overcompensated for the supposed interest in the game, but they didn't. While I can fault them for that, the queue IS better than jamming on the enter key repeatedly.

Also, if the server load was what was causing the game to crash, OR if they had to take one of the shards offline for maintenance, I would rather them do it this way than take the whole game down for an extended period of time.

They're just trying to work out the kinks. Benefit of the doubt, k?

PS > You haven't paid your monthly fee yet.

Actually where your wrong is some have paid 249.99 for access. yes i am one of them my only issue with the queue is it seems bugged. mine started off at 1008 of 1008 then it moved to 246 of 300 then to 423 of 600. thats whats irritating me cause i really have no idea how long im going to be waiting and like many folks i don't want to just stare at a queue screen for hours waiting to log in mowing the lawn or doing the dishs is more appealing then that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Come tuesday, the amount of people playing, or trying to play, this game will double. If they don't do something, say more servers, they will have a massive exodus. The game will not die though, enough people will perservere to keep it alive. Once the exodus begins, queues will no longer be seen, because it won't be so crowded.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 12:29 PM
they screwed up again this game is a big joke
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Its is quite unbelievable considering they have the amount of pre order figures available(well youd hope so at least).

Underinvestment and a huge turn off for a customer base,
If they can't adjust the server space for the pre orders how the hell are they going to cope in launch??

it's nothing short of mis-management

tho the game is good it certainly isent worth waiting an hour to play good-and what happens if the server dips yet again ,a scramble to get on first or another long wait??

sad days

during posting this i went fom 305 out 0f 800 to 304 out of 1100
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
I waited for 3 hours yesterday for the server to come back up. I think I liked that better than waiting in line for a hour, every time I have to go to the bath-room or take out the trash.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
How in the hell does the position in the Que get farther from getting in as more people try to come one?!? This is idiotic.....and of course we've seen no one from Cryptic say a damned thing.