Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
and to those who say "lol bye won't miss ya" understand that this is not an isolated incident, the more people that leave the less enjoyable the game will be for you
No it won't. This game is hardly based around massive numbers. I quite enjoyed EvE online back in the day when I might see 5k online. My WoW server only has a few thousand players. I don't need hundreds of thousands of people I will never in see in game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 12:31 PM
All the heavy instancing is feeling very ironic now
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naHrej
I think the bigger joke is the people that expect a game to work perfectly the moment it is launched... take a chill pill guys, this is what happens to all MMORPGs
yes but tbh mate devs should bloody learn from the past and have it set up better, yes all mmos have initial issues but not like this, and the bair face lie caling it 'unexpected downtime' when it happens bang on the hours is a joke, like earlier exacty 9am pst the server died and it was unexpected? **** that its just a lie. cryptic shouldnt have been so damn cheap and ivested in a better server system
Lt. Commander
Same boat as the rest of you. Entered queue at 990, had it drop by about a hundred and then the queue started expanding and my number stayed the same.

All this points to either:

1) A bug in their queuing system.
2) Poor capacity planning.

We had better hope it is #1, because number two will take some time for them to work out especially if they run their own server farms instead of leasing processing time from a provider.

Anyway....not making a good impression here Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
games with multiple servers are okay if they have queues as you can play on a less inhabited server if you would prefer not to wait.

having a single server with queues is unacceptable. If this is going to be happening during live, my subscription is cancelled.

I'm very forgiving of content gaps, klingon "monster" play, even basic interface and mission bugs.

But if the single server won't let me play, you aren't going to get my money.

Not trying to be dramatic, but COME ON. This is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
So you have never gone to a decent restaurant. Or the supermarket.
hjahaha

Two thumbs up on that one mate.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
I am a huge anti-fan about the queue....

And no...I don't wait at a restaurant either ... Their cheeseburger isn't more valuable than my time on the earth...

Plus...remember...we all pay for *reservations* ..at this point, we all called ahead and reserved a table....

That's different...

That said...I can live with the queue as long as they don't view it as their solution... I wait in enough lines already... In fact I use my computer primarily to *avoid* lines at stores, getting my licenses. making reservations etc....

as long as they implement it wisely, it's cool...but it is *not* a solution...it's a dodge....
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioniumflux
hjahaha

Two thumbs up on that one mate.
you haven't paid for EITHER SERVICE yet while in those respective "queues." Metaphor fail.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Here is my concern. I have been sitting in the queue for 30 minutes started at 202 of 202 and now I am 201 out of 1200 some odd people. It is only the head start. What is going to happen on Tuesday or next week when there are even more people playing the game?

Hopefully they will add some more servers to their cluster to increase their capacity.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Ok, i'll lay out the scenario for the critics.

I buy a game. An average price of 29.99

The game launches, i get home from work to play the game and WACK. I'm in a queue.
I go make some food and do some house chores. Come back to maybe kill a few borg. WACK. I'm in a queue.
I'm in a queue, waiting to play the game i paid for.

It's totally unacceptable in a product driven industry, to say to customers "hey, yea, you've paid for the game, theres queues but thats what happens with major mmo's".

They know it happens. Yet they let it happen.
This is a simple statement, saying its totally unacceptable to think its "ok" to wait for a "game".