Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
This queue needs to go. Its not even out yet and the servers are out?Is something wrong with them?Did the money all the lifetimers/prepayers spent go to waste instead of some servers? I am thinking of getting my money refunded my lifetime/prepay.

I know the game is in early stages and such but this head start was a joke and cryptic has not even addressed or commented on it.
Lt. Commander
What the hell how can they not be prepared for the massive amount of players who wants into this game. Get more servers!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxegen
I don't pay a game company to queue.

Fix the queues or lose customers.

Thanks <3
Oxegen

This is headstart O_O.
Alternatively, no one is paying you to Queue Queue.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Threepwood
you haven't paid for EITHER SERVICE yet while in those respective "queues." Metaphor fail.
So what? You still have to queue to receive the service you want.

Oh and perfect analogy. "Big name amusement park".

This whine is like someone going to an amusement park where you pay at the gate. And finding that it is the middle of tourist season that there is massive queues for everything.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Well I got in but now I am stuck trying to get to into my mission system
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
So what? You still have to queue to receive the service you want.

Oh and perfect analogy. "Big name amusement park".

This whine is like someone going to an amusement park where you pay at the gate. And finding that it is the middle of tourist season that there is massive queues for everything.
....no, as there are other places to get service should you want them. The queue is too long as restaurant X? Go to restaurant Y.

The problem is there are no other STO "restaurants".

But that's not the point. If I PAY for services, and then queue, that's a completely different animal to queue to pay for services.

In the latter, I can (at any time) decide the queue is unacceptable and return my goods. In the former, I have already paid for services I am now being asked to get in line for.

Your amusement park is (again) a false analogy. You gain entry to the park with your payment. Rides are events within the park you can choose to wait for. Or, if they are too long, you can walk around, get a hotdog, play sideshow games, or go to a ride with less of a line.

The equivalent metaphor with an amusement park would be to pay for a ticket to get in, and then told to wait in a holding pen off the grounds until there is room for you in the park (all of this, by the way, unannounced until after you've paid.).

If you don't see the difference, that's your issue, not mine. As I said, games with multiple servers and queues are one thing (as you can STILL PLAY on another server if your server of choice is full). Single server games + queue = cancelled subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
I can't help but think of this scenario:

There's a new restaurant opening in town...it's hot...everyone wants to go there...

But you.....you're smarter than that...so you pay in advance to reserve a table...

Opening day comes, and they don't even have enough tables for the people who reserved a table... Let alone the people who just drive up to get in...

So *not only * are the walk-ins not getting in...But the people who paid in advance and reserved a table two months in advance will have to fill the lobby and wait...

The restaurant spins it in the food section of the paper as "huge success as customers line-up around the block"

The person who made a reservation thinks: "They reserve more tables than they even have"

Next time you think of going there your first thought is, : "Why would I wait in line for a table I already reserved and paid for but can't have, when I'm hungry and there are twenty restaurants on the same street...?"
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 12:55 PM
My Girl wants to Qq all the time, QQ all the time, QQ all the time..
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
So you have never gone to a decent restaurant. Or the supermarket.
This is not a restaurant or a supermarket. Sorry bad analogy. I dont mind waiting in line for good service. I hate waiting in line to use a machine.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
i was just about to post a thread stating exactly this.

WoW can get away with it to some extent because of multiple servers, so if one is full you can still PLAY, just on a new server ><

however since cryptic went the ULTRA CHEAP route and went with one server and a shard based server on top of that, they have total accountability and if this occurs during launch, I personally will not be paying for a product I can't use the moment I wish to use it, my free time is limited after all.

and to those who say "lol bye won't miss ya" understand that this is not an isolated incident, the more people that leave the less enjoyable the game will be for you, trolls excluded but this is hardly a troll post.

by encouraging people with grievances to leave, you will be slowly but surely lowering the quality of content you yourself are attempting to enjoy.
patience is a virtue kind sir.... and this game's quality will be determined by its player number... but as you can see by the queues there are LOTS AND LOTS of customers out there who are desperately trying to play so i hate to say it but "bye bye troll" who needs u if u cant wait in line to play a game?!? what are u 12? even if EVERY person who subs to this game in the future decides not 2, il still have my fleet of over 90 lib borg who payed lifetime subs i'm sure will be playing until they invent FTL travel for real lol PeAcE ( queue 225 of 999 then crash here) ps: one server allows us to play together, WOW was a kids game that allowed you to empty your pockets for elves... get with it dawg and quit with the WOW references on STO forums go to a WOW forum if u wanna suck a dwarfs wiener