Fix the queues or lose customers.

Thanks <3
Oxegen

This is headstart O_O.
what was beta for?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Oxegen you obviously NEVER played wow on release.

Trust me wow was WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse than STO is right now.

Also to note: I just logged in...no Que at all.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
What I love is - I was online, the game disconnected me when I went back to my ship from Earthdock... so now I try to log back in and huzzah! I'm stuck in the login queue...
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovokore View Post
patience is a virtue kind sir.... and this game's quality will be determined by its player number... but as you can see by the queues there are LOTS AND LOTS of customers out there who are desperately trying to play so i hate to say it but "bye bye troll" who needs u if u cant wait in line to play a game?!? what are u 12? even if EVERY person who subs to this game in the future decides not 2, il still have my fleet of over 90 lib borg who payed lifetime subs i'm sure will be playing until they invent FTL travel for real lol PeAcE ( queue 225 of 999 then crash here) ps: one server allows us to play together, WOW was a kids game that allowed you to empty your pockets for elves... get with it dawg and quit with the WOW references on STO forums go to a WOW forum if u wanna suck a dwarfs wiener
no no no. no. you are assuming that the que is a result of a huge demand

what you forget is the size of the server is relevant to the que

analogy: a buy a room for a party, i have two options

a 500x500 sq ft room good enough for lets say (totally guessing here so relax if it seems off) 200 people

and a 50x50 sq ft room for 10x less money good for 20 people

150 people are coming to the party...

CRYPTIC neglected to buy the 500x500 room to save money, the que is not a direct correlation with the popularity but rather the size of the room, we have a line to get into the damned party

Blizzard on the other hand bought 200 100x100 sq ft rooms to satisfy its thousands of party guests...see the picture?

and no i am not trolling damnit, im not trying to seek attention for my own benefit but addressing a poor business decision in a company i have money invested in...stop labeling myself and others as such

furthermore, if you think that MOST people will abide by this then...wow are you in for a nasty surprise if cryptic doesnt get its act together

p.s. you say WoW is a kids game, yet you, a STO player, are telling me to suck a "dwarf's weiner"...pot -> kettle...

p.p.s if you think the wait times for this are acceptable consider the following: these are only SOME of the PREORDER players...not all and it does not even include 1% of those who will simply pick up the game at launch without preodering...your scope as a troll and view is severally limited
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
no no no. no. you are assuming that the que is a result of a huge demand

what you forget is the size of the server is relevant to the que

analogy: a buy a room for a party, i have two options

a 500x500 sq ft room good enough for lets say (totally guessing here so relax if it seems off) 200 people

and a 50x50 sq ft room for 10x less money good for 20 people

150 people are coming to the party...

CRYPTIC neglected to buy the 500x500 room to save money, the que is not a direct correlation with the popularity but rather the size of the room, we have a line to get into the damned party

Blizzard on the other hand bought 200 100x100 sq ft rooms to satisfy its thousands of party guests...see the picture?

and no i am not trolling damnit, im not trying to seek attention for my own benefit but addressing a poor business decision in a company i have money invested in...stop labeling myself and others as such

furthermore, if you think that MOST people will abide by this then...wow are you in for a nasty surprise if cryptic doesnt get its act together

p.s. you say WoW is a kids game, yet you, a STO player, are telling me to suck a "dwarf's weiner"...pot -> kettle...

p.p.s if you think the wait times for this are acceptable consider the following: these are only SOME of the PREORDER players...not all and it does not even include 1% of those who will simply pick up the game at launch without preodering...your scope as a troll and view is severally limited

I completely agree and did not pay for this game to be stuck in a queue. Get it togther Cryptic before you lose $15 a month of my money.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
So what? You still have to queue to receive the service you want.

Oh and perfect analogy. "Big name amusement park".

This whine is like someone going to an amusement park where you pay at the gate. And finding that it is the middle of tourist season that there is massive queues for everything.
This is where your all wrong.

You got to an amusement park. It's common knowledge that you'll be in queues.

You go down to your game store. Go home, install it and play.

Just because MMO's have high traffic during launches, doesn't mean it's "acceptable".

Making it acceptable is a mistake on your part. (not directed at any ONE person here).
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeMaker View Post
Oxegen you obviously NEVER played wow on release.

Trust me wow was WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY worse than STO is right now.

Also to note: I just logged in...no Que at all.
Sorry bud, i REMEMBER wow on release. 3rd of feb i think it was. or close to that date. Maybe it was the 11th.

I remember. And if i didn't play or remember it, how does that invalidate my argument.

Please post things that actually make sense O_o.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
I joined at 1090 out of 1090 10 mins later I am, (quick check), 1086 of 1297! Cryptic will sort it out but the early adopters always get it the worst in any situation or industry.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
1083/1415 <sigh> I'm off to WOW to smack some ally pallys down. Maybe everything will be sorted by tuesday when cryptic have nipped down to betterbuy for some extra capacity
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapster View Post
I joined at 1090 out of 1090 10 mins later I am, (quick check), 1086 of 1297! Cryptic will sort it out but the early adopters always get it the worst in any situation or industry.
I think one of the major problems with this is, it will actually become acceptable.

At that point people would expect high queues at game launches. To avoid this people won't pre order & would buy a few weeks down the line.

This would prevent the large amount of money "to be" invested in higher pop servers. Thus the problem continues :/ . . . .