Lt. Commander
# 71
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brac
My bet is that in two weeks the queue will be gone as the population drops like a rock.
It won't take two weeks. I have seen this before and am confident that this will be resolved by the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
be glad you have a queue. in open beta we had to click the login button over and over and just hope for the best. quit *****in
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
For you pro queue people, short or small queue's are fine but imagine having to wait in a queue that has 100k people waiting to get in, if this game cant handle the small numbers they have now whats going to happen tomorrow when the game go's live or this weekend, just something for ya to think about.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvondrake View Post
I do like the idea of a queue better than random chance of clicking the login button at the right moment, but you cannot deny that a queue of 2000 people is a bit too long. Something needs to be done to lower that queue length and improve the total amount of players the servers can handle--where's the new server hardware they were talking about before?
i agree too 2000 queue is a bit long, however i thought it was said that the queue they had was due to testing, to see how well it functioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
agreed. If I pay a monthly fee then i want to play any time during that month i wish to other than scheduled down time. If i'm only able to play some of the time then the subscription costs shouldn't be the highest of any MMO out there.
yeah as said above me, this is not the most expensive MMO sub out there, it is standard at 15$usd, it is the same for EVE, for WOW and most others for that matter. The only one that is more expensive would be SOE subs.

If you are claiming it is more then some of those others because of VAT then keep in mind, it is a LAW in your country, and is supposed to be charged on all MMO subs (wow and eve), blame the EU not the game company as it is not their choice. and if you aren't being charged for VAT on WOW etc then they are breaking your country's laws, simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey guys, just relax, you all act like there won't EVER be problems, look at it from their angle. They bought hardware, it wasn't powerful enough so they ordered more for YOU. There's a queue, they're doing their best to handle it. They go down, they're bringing it back up as soon as possible.
You all act like this isn't normal, being an old WoW head and started in the beginning, queues of 300+people and waiting like 10 min happened often until they put in more hardware. Heck I remember waiting so long the system timed out and I had to jump back into the queue. These are growing pains of a new MMO, everyone needs to take a deep breath, stretch your legs, grab a soda, maybe go outside *Gasp*

If you don't want a queue, go play something else for a couple months and come back to STO, they'll have new hardware and the issue resolved (and not because everyone dropped)
I mean seriously, we sit on our butts for HOW LONG to play a game, who cares if you have to wait an extra 5 or so min?
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxegen
I don't pay a game company to queue.

Fix the queues or lose customers.

Thanks <3
Oxegen

This is headstart O_O.
You dont pay the company to do anything. You bought a product, you received a product, end of transaction. Until you make that first monthly payment, you got no ground to stand on. And even then, you really don't have much to say since you agreed to the EULA and that's the end of that. Stop with the ultimatums, and stop acting like you know what people are gonna do.
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxegen
I don't pay a game company to queue.
You do now?

(>^_^)>
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigatronix
You dont pay the company to do anything. You bought a product, you received a product, end of transaction. Until you make that first monthly payment, you got no ground to stand on. And even then, you really don't have much to say since you agreed to the EULA and that's the end of that. Stop with the ultimatums, and stop acting like you know what people are gonna do.
This is a false argument, among other things, simply because when you pay for the game you do pay for the first "free" month. You don't get that first "free" month without paying for the game. Unless you know of some way around that? Which probably wouldn't be on the up and up, Cryptic is watching you now.

muwhahahahaha :p
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Can't be arsed to read the usual complaints, so I'll just lay out the usual response:

Your sub fee gives you the right to attempt to access the game. It doesn't guarantee anything, except that you may or may not have a successful attempt at log-in. That's it. Welcome to MMOs. New players, consider yourselves educated. Old players, stop repeating the same tired complaints and expecting something new. You've dealt with this before. Unacceptable refers to that which cannot be accepted (read: cancel). If you continue to pay, you indicate support in the only sense that matters.
Lt. Commander
# 80
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
This is a false argument, among other things, simply because when you pay for the game you do pay for the first "free" month. You don't get that first "free" month without paying for the game. Unless you know of some way around that? Which probably wouldn't be on the up and up, Cryptic is watching you now.

muwhahahahaha :p
Hmm it's still monday night, the game hasn;t released yet, you can still cancel your sub. Until you re locked in by inputting your retail code, you got nuthin.