Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
to all you people say "bye bye troll" "gtfo" "we don't need you" etc etc etc...

funny thing is..YES YOU DO...or at least Cryptic DOES.

Champions Online has small numbers...Dev's weren't heard from for a couple MONTHS..MONTHS..

they them decide to roll out a "2 months worth" of a patch..that TOTALLY BORKED the game.

CO is in the same sad state as STO...rubberbanding, disconnects, crashes, server not responding messages, bugged missions..etc....etc..

This happens because Cryptic, AND YOU THE PLAYER, NEED subs..as many subs as you can get...even those people you may not necessarily like....

without them..the game falters..not much profit is coming in to support it...they cut back on devs/gms/Customer support....

and you end up with months of no word from devs..followed by "2 months" worth of a patch that makes the game even worse stability wise....oh and without any word on them working on fixing it..

Sorry but if you think the things these "trolls" (I won't even go into how stupid it is to automatically label someone a troll because they post something you don't agree with) are bringing up are "nothing" then you're an idiot.

Cryptic and STO NEEDS numbers...and as it stands they're going to lose poeple and lose them FAST...and NO that does NOT bode well for YOU.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
How is pounding the connect button rather then having it queued a better solution!?
I was agreeing with you, actually :p Sorry, my concise and short response left doubt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Where are these que's at? I havent had to que a single time to play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suron
to all you people say "bye bye troll" "gtfo" "we don't need you" etc etc etc...

funny thing is..YES YOU DO...or at least Cryptic DOES.

Champions Online has small numbers...Dev's weren't heard from for a couple MONTHS..MONTHS..

they them decide to roll out a "2 months worth" of a patch..that TOTALLY BORKED the game.

CO is in the same sad state as STO...rubberbanding, disconnects, crashes, server not responding messages, bugged missions..etc....etc..

This happens because Cryptic, AND YOU THE PLAYER, NEED subs..as many subs as you can get...even those people you may not necessarily like....

without them..the game falters..not much profit is coming in to support it...they cut back on devs/gms/Customer support....

and you end up with months of no word from devs..followed by "2 months" worth of a patch that makes the game even worse stability wise....oh and without any word on them working on fixing it..

Sorry but if you think the things these "trolls" (I won't even go into how stupid it is to automatically label someone a troll because they post something you don't agree with) are bringing up are "nothing" then you're an idiot.

Cryptic and STO NEEDS numbers...and as it stands they're going to lose poeple and lose them FAST...and NO that does NOT bode well for YOU.
So what am I supposed to do, beg them to stay? Am I supposed to engage them ina civil conversation and try to gently pursuade them that everything is gonna be ok? Most of these people QQ'ing aren;t even gonna play no matter what. And they couldnt hold an intelligent civil conversation if I put my hand up their @ss and spoke for them. I see your point, they need all the subs they can get to improve upon the game. however it is my view that the community is just as important to the long term health of the game as server stability and customer service. Most of these people bring nothing valuable to the table, and even if they did pay they do more harm then good over the course the games life. The QQ and whining will never stop from them, no matter what you do. They are poisoning the atmosphere of the forums and generating alot of unwarranted bad vibes for the people playing and the people thinking about playing.

Bottom line, they are more trouble than their sub is worth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Fallacy of entitlement.
Well in addition to the bad anaolgies to restaurants and grocery stores this is th topping.

Yes it is entitlement. Paying for it makes us entitled.

Furthermore it is part of the expectation when you go out for dinner that you might wait. It is based in the industry and everyone expects of it.

In the industry of online gaming it is not expected to wait in a queue, So based on industry standards for the product we are purchasing it is not acceptable.

Now some can come back and say give them a break, quit whining etc. etc,

Standing up and demanding what you paid for is not whining.

For those lemmings and sheep which would rather defend Cryptic because they keep making the same mistakes, go ahead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
So you have never gone to a decent restaurant. Or the supermarket.
Some people let mommy and daddy do everything for them, and they stay in the basement away from the real world.

On a side note, I've never had to wait in a queue to play. *shrug*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_
Well in addition to the bad anaolgies to restaurants and grocery stores this is th topping.

Yes it is entitlement. Paying for it makes us entitled.

Furthermore it is part of the expectation when you go out for dinner that you might wait. It is based in the industry and everyone expects of it.

In the industry of online gaming it is not expected to wait in a queue, So based on industry standards for the product we are purchasing it is not acceptable.

Now some can come back and say give them a break, quit whining etc. etc,

Standing up and demanding what you paid for is not whining.

For those lemmings and sheep which would rather defend Cryptic because they keep making the same mistakes, go ahead.
You havent paid for anything until you input that retail code. you are not entitled to anything yet, except what you already got.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
02-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Today while at work I went to take a crap. I get to the bathroom and all the stalls are taken. So I had to wait and hope I didn't crap my pants.

ARGH.....queues!!!

True story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigatronix
You havent paid for anything until you input that retail code. you are not entitled to anything yet, except what you already got.
Do you honestly think in the next 12-15 hours it will change?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.