Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Server Queue 250 of 250?
01-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Tell me you're ****ing joking Cryptic?

Where the hell are those new additional servers that we were promised?

I'm sure the fanboys are going to immediately cry about how I'm trolling the forums, and how the game is new, and how I'm not paying for anything yet, and how its to be expected, and how I should go elsewhere if I don't want to put up with your failure.

I refuse to.

This is 2010, this isn't 2005 when the concept of MASSIVE multiplayer games was just starting to get its feet underneath it, when no one could predict the response to a released title and the server architecture was still in its infancy. I'd be willing to give you a little bit more slack Cryptic, if this was your first MMO offering and you were simply unprepared, I'd be willing to give you a little more latitude if you were doing your very best to communicate these issues and to resolve them rapidly, and you were providing to us a solid and stable release with a few minor inconveniences or some additional down time, or a 'few' unexpected crashes.

But this is ridiculous. F2P games imported from Korea and done on a shoestring budget using server architecture manufactured and implemented in Bangladesh have less problems with providing a stable user experience.

I'm not quitting, I'm not going to tell you that you're destined for failure Cryptic, or cry about how your game sucks, I think it has a whole lot of potential... but I think you need to put your money where your ****ing mouth is and step up, if you're going to make this game truly successful and profitable, you need to join the big leagues, and in 2010, joining the big leagues means having servers that actually work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirzen View Post
Tell me you're ****ing joking Cryptic?

Where the hell are those new additional servers that we were promised?

I'm sure the fanboys are going to immediately cry about how I'm trolling the forums, and how the game is new, and how I'm not paying for anything yet, and how its to be expected, and how I should go elsewhere if I don't want to put up with your failure.

I refuse to.

This is 2010, this isn't 2005 when the concept of MASSIVE multiplayer games was just starting to get its feet underneath it, when no one could predict the response to a released title and the server architecture was still in its infancy. I'd be willing to give you a little bit more slack Cryptic, if this was your first MMO offering and you were simply unprepared, I'd be willing to give you a little more latitude if you were doing your very best to communicate these issues and to resolve them rapidly, and you were providing to us a solid and stable release with a few minor inconveniences or some additional down time, or a 'few' unexpected crashes.

But this is ridiculous. F2P games imported from Korea and done on a shoestring budget using server architecture manufactured and implemented in Bangladesh have less problems with providing a stable user experience.

I'm not quitting, I'm not going to tell you that you're destined for failure Cryptic, or cry about how your game sucks, I think it has a whole lot of potential... but I think you need to put your money where your ****ing mouth is and step up, if you're going to make this game truly successful and profitable, you need to join the big leagues, and in 2010, joining the big leagues means having servers that actually work.
well im 1040 out of 1118
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html watch and enjoy. Their trying to sort the server issues out with the queue. It's better to be up, and playable, then completely down, hmm?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
And just think - the game itself goes live for 'real' on Tuesday. And it's not like you can go to another server like you could in other MMOs.

Makes me wonder if CO is just as badly affected as STO is...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
Their trying to sort the server issues out with the queue. It's better to be up, and playable, then completely down, hmm?
As much as this may be true, the fact that they're choosing to install a queue is especially damning, for the simple reason that it suggests that they -know- that they're unable to handle the traffic and are either unprepared or entirely unwilling to do anything about it. They've had years to plan this, they've had months worth of beta experience (if you count the closed beta and the time between the two betas), and one of those betas was open (during which they, through the release of the keys, could strictly control how many people could have access to the server and use this information to monitor server load).

The information is there, Occam's razor suggests that there is only one answer.

"They don't give a flying ****"

Because the other answers don't make any sense. If this was a momentary thing (lets say one of three servers crashed overnight) they could make a news post appologising and explaining the need for a queue, if this was a temporary thing (they underestimated the server load) we should have seen the changes during open beta during stress testing.

There's going to be one hell of a s**t-storm come 2/2/10, I can tell you that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html watch and enjoy. Their trying to sort the server issues out with the queue. It's better to be up, and playable, then completely down, hmm?
Wish this happened during beta -- oh right, we still are, and will be, in Beta for the next couple months.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
934 out of 1416 here
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Wish this happened during beta -- oh right, we still are, and will be, in Beta for the next couple months.
I just -love- being paid to beta test people's software... isn't it gr... oh... waitaminute.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
1427 of 1427 for me here.

I'm generally patient, and especially so with release-date MMO's -- WoW took nearly a full month after relase to be fully playable -- but when I saw the queue, I finally rolled my eyes and said "You've GOT to be kidding me."

Cryptic is doing the best it can, they say, and I have faith that they ARE trying to sort things out. I'm finally at a point, though, wondering if this, as their best, might not be good enough and considering the rushed time trying to get the game out that they might be in over their heads.

I hope not. This game has too much potential for that. I just hope my faith is well-placed, and it's starting to shake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah well thats all good and well, but for some of us we have payed over 180 (Game and life sub) and to log in and find yourself in a cue of 1064 of 1064 is completely disgusting.... there should be no cue at all if you ask me.




This isnt good at all, if i had have forseen this i wouldnt have bothered with the game and just stuck with Swg....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 AM.