Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
There's nothing in the first few levels that demands anything better than a Miranda, unless you bite off more than you can chew.

You're a newbie starship captain. Baby steps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
You have multiple configurations you can have to alter the looks of your Miranda, there is nothing wrong with the levels or the length of time it takes you to upgrade it.

Because YOU can't spend time on an MMO (this type of game is always a time sink) doesn't mean they should just alter how the game works.

It's like writing to Activision saying you're disapointed that within the first 5 minutes of playing Call of Duty, you were not able to upgrade your gun. Because you only play for 30 mins a night you feel they should change this for you.


If you give away stuff for little effort and for little wait it completly devalues the reward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRuzzell
Nice, stuck in a POS
Oh, I'm sorry. Is the starter ship not good enough for you? Excuse me! Garcon! Over here please! Fetch this good gentleman a dreadnaught please! Heaven's forbid a noob have to work his way up through the ranks!

That joke works a lot better if you imagine yourself in a fancy French resteraunt with a snobby Matre' de.

When you become a LTCMNDR you'll have to use your skill points to actually get the promotion. You'll know you used enough when the Admiral pages you to tell you Congrats and come see him at Earth Dock, Sol Station. When you get there, he'll give you a chit. Take the chit to the UPSTAIRS section of requisitions (I believe it's req...if not look around, there's only 2 staircases on the whole base and only one has a blinking door). Talk to the lady who sells ships and she'll 'sell' you one for the chit. Read the descriptions carefully and pick the type of ship you want so you won't be stuck in a POS.

If you find yourself unable to accomplish a mission that just about everyone else accomplishes...the problem isn't the ship but the Captain. If you want some tips, hints, suggestions, or even out right training, feel free to ask. But um, without the attitude. People are MUCH more willing to help you if you're nice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Hook up a noob.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2134 View Post
How about at ensign you get a runabout and at Lt you get your miranda class ship
That would... actually be pretty cool. Instead of saving up the credits to buy one from DS9.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunmurphy View Post
Because YOU can't spend time on an MMO (this type of game is always a time sink) doesn't mean they should just alter how the game works.
My only point is that the game should be geared towards ALL players -- not just those who can spend massive amounts of time on it. The problem, as I see it, is that it takes massive amounts of time to make it to tier 2.

For sake of argument let's say it takes 14 of game play to make LtCmdr.

Now, if I am able to sit down and play straight through 14 hours then I think I would probably be getting bored with the Miranda and be looking for change.

If I can only play one hour a night and it takes me 14 days to get those 14 hours of play time then I know I would be bored with the Miranda and looking for a change.

It's got nothing to do with those who have lots of time to commit vs those who have little time to commit. The overall time it takes to get to LtCmdr is the same for both and, imo, it's too long.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
My only point is that the game should be geared towards ALL players -- not just those who can spend massive amounts of time on it. The problem, as I see it, is that it takes massive amounts of time to make it to tier 2.

For sake of argument let's say it takes 14 of game play to make LtCmdr.

Now, if I am able to sit down and play straight through 14 hours then I think I would probably be getting bored with the Miranda and be looking for change.

If I can only play one hour a night and it takes me 14 days to get those 14 hours of play time then I know I would be bored with the Miranda and looking for a change.

It's got nothing to do with those who have lots of time to commit vs those who have little time to commit. The overall time it takes to get to LtCmdr is the same for both and, imo, it's too long.
I have hardly played since head-start began and i'm about 1 bar of EXP from getting my new ship, so I don't think being a casual is a problem at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
My only point is that the game should be geared towards ALL players -- not just those who can spend massive amounts of time on it. The problem, as I see it, is that it takes massive amounts of time to make it to tier 2.
MMOs reward time spent playing. Whatever "skill" a player might have, if they don't spend time logged on, they do not progress and they get no rewards.

Look at it this way, you get other rewards for doing other things beside playing this MMO. It works out, but you can't have your cake and your cruiser, too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocdoglol
MMOs reward time spent playing.
You're not getting it. The time is equal regardless of how frequently you play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
That would... actually be pretty cool. Instead of saving up the credits to buy one from DS9.
you can buy a Runabout form DS9?

oh snap.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 AM.