Lt. Commander
Hi folks,

Before I go get a stopwatch and time the cooldown of a Phaser, I was wondering if anybody got precise or official information on how many seconds there are between Phaser Volleys?

Just so there is no misunderstanding of which Cooldown I mean:

<Spacebar> -=- Phasers Fire -=- (Seconds go by until Phasers are ready to fire again) -=Phasers Ready==--

The phrased operand above, written in brackets, is what I am after.

Thank you in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven of Eleven
Hi folks,

Before I go get a stopwatch and time the cooldown of a Phaser, I was wondering if anybody got precise or official information on how many seconds there are between Phaser Volleys?

Just so there is no misunderstanding of which Cooldown I mean:

<Spacebar> -=- Phasers Fire -=- (Seconds go by until Phasers are ready to fire again) -=Phasers Ready==--

The phrased operand above, written in brackets, is what I am after.

Thank you in advance.
Phasers are active for 1.5 seconds, and then there is a 1.5 second GCD triggered after they've finished firing. 3 seconds total between initial firings. Torpedoes have a longer GCD (6 seconds for Photon, and 8 seconds for Quantum).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Phasers are active for 1.5 seconds, and then there is a 1.5 second GCD triggered after they've finished firing. 3 seconds total between initial firings. Torpedoes have a longer GCD (6 seconds for Photon, and 8 seconds for Quantum).
Thank you, Telaura. I appreciate your help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
What? Beams don't have a GCD. Do they? They might have a down time between firing, but there isn't anything stopping you from cycling your beams, firing them one right after the other or all at once even. Unless something has changed...

You do realize that Global Cool Down is different from regular cooldown right? Regular cooldown refers to the down time of an indvidual ability or weapon. Global effects all abilities or weapons of a certain type.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Beams do not have a global cooldown.

In addition, the torpedo cooldowns listed are not globals those are individual. The global cooldown is 3s, so with two Photon Torpedos a torp can be fired every 3 seconds where as it takes 3 Quantum Torpedo launches to fire a torp every 3 seconds.